No announcement yet.

Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I knew when my check was cashed, buying from Capitol, they send the check, so I have no idea. I could call, but on my last can, the folks answering seemed pretty irritated the one time I called, so I figure I'll just let it ride and wait for the call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
      I just called the NFA a few days ago.

My check wasn't cashed until July 6, 2016. I mailed my packet on March 10.

The very nice lady told me it'll be March before my stamp is ready.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

That gives me a little hope. I have a couple submitted around the same time.

Comment

Form 4 Wait

For those keeping track

Call from dealer on 1/07/2017

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          For those keeping track

Call from dealer on 1/07/2017

That's great, means mine should be getting closer! I filed exactly one month after you, so I should be coming up being that is been over a month since you got yours.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTex.308 View Post
            Had 7 stamps come in this week.

(1) March 23rd
            (1) April 20th
            (4) April 26th
            (1) May 3rd

Ike
            Batch approval?

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
              That's great, means mine should be getting closer! I filed exactly one month after you, so I should be coming up being that is been over a month since you got yours.

I'm curious when the "panic" (I fee like that's not the term I'm looking for) is going to hit the wait times. It had to have happened in May/June so I wonder when wait times are really going to string out. Waiting on a sandman I bought in July. The current pace says it'll be approved around March but I'm thinking a Juneish approval is about right after they hit the wall of forms submitted before 41f.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                I'm curious when the "panic" (I fee like that's not the term I'm looking for) is going to hit the wait times. It had to have happened in May/June so I wonder when wait times are really going to string out. Waiting on a sandman I bought in July. The current pace says it'll be approved around March but I'm thinking a Juneish approval is about right after they hit the wall of forms submitted before 41f.

I think end of May is the beginning and built up into July. I think most people waited until the comment period ended in April to see what tweaks would be made. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                  I think end of May is the beginning and built up into July. I think most people waited until the comment period ended in April to see what tweaks would be made. JMHO
                  I agree, as soon as it was totally finalized, I did my shopping and bought soon after. A few people on boards that I frequent were talking about pre 41f purchases, but a week or two later, everyone was. We've seen the times stretching out from 4 months last year to 8-9 months now already.....I think the June forms may not be approved until April or May at this point. We'll see post Sandy Hook wait times for a bit, then they'll gradually ramp back down to 4 months or so.

Comment

Form 4 Mailed 4/27, received my stamp today. Looks like it was actually signed off on 1/9, so 11 days for Capitol Armory to get the stamp.

Comment

Sent my signed paperwork in today. Now the wait begins

Comment

Got the email from Capitol this morning on my Specwar 556K I filed on through the SPEQ program. I am getting my paperwork together this morning to mail out to them so they can ship it to me.

Filed May 3rd 2016
                        Approved Jan 17th 2017
                        Notified by Capitol Jan 24th 2017

Wait was about a week under 9 months.

Comment

Looks like I've got another month wait then for 9 months.

Comment

Friend of mine filed his through Capitol a week before me, and he didn't get an email today. I didn't even tell him mine got approved since it is my 5th one, and he is waiting on his first. I've already been busting his chops enough on it, didn't want to rub salt in the wound.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                              Got the email from Capitol this morning on my Specwar 556K I filed on through the SPEQ program. I am getting my paperwork together this morning to mail out to them so they can ship it to me.

Filed May 3rd 2016
                              Approved Jan 17th 2017
                              Notified by Capitol Jan 24th 2017

Wait was about a week under 9 months.
                              Sweet, getting closer, I should be about two weeks out, give or take a month or two. This process is the most ridiculous thing ever. The idea of manually validating paper applications, even for the Federal Govt, is just unbelievable, not to mention the fact we have to ask permission in the first place.

Comment

I would not expect linear progression based on other people's approval dates given the fact that the volume of applications increased significantly leading up to July 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X