No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
    I'd have to say 3.5 based off these pics. If you said he was 10, I would believe you.
    This^!
    He is a lot like the buck I posted earlier in the year. He could be 3.5 or 8.5. Has characteristics of both. Some smaller framed bucks start looking younger once they get into post maturity. I was looking at his head and the way his hind qtr falls off. Also think his neck meets brisket too low for an early season 3.5. Looks tired also(not that you can really tell that from a still pic)
    Last edited by KactusKiller; 10-09-2015, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      Legs are too long for his body. He doesn't have that mature, bulky look to me. Gut can be deceiving; lots of deer are eating really well with all the rains the last two years. Just doesn't look mature to me.. Doesn't mean I'm right, just my opinion.
      ^^^^^
      I approve this message

Comment

Comment

I first noticed this deer 3 years ago and he wasn't a fawn then. He is a minimum 6.5 years old. Appreciate all who played along, I was trying to do a little experiment to see what kind of answers I got. Posted another thread about a potential cull buck and everyone said he was 2.5. I don't think the other buck is that young, but that one I don't know for sure. I need to dig through my pics from last year and the year before to see if I have anything on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
            I first noticed this deer 3 years ago and he wasn't a fawn then. He is a minimum 6.5 years old. Appreciate all who played along, I was trying to do a little experiment to see what kind of answers I got. Posted another thread about a potential cull buck and everyone said he was 2.5. I don't think the other buck is that young, but that one I don't know for sure. I need to dig through my pics from last year and the year before to see if I have anything on that one.
            Very good experiment. I think most on here, including me, underage deer most of the time.

Comment

The long thin face threw me off. I usually think of a mature deer having a wide distance between the eye and jaw bone. This one doesn't.

Comment

Looks like a good healthy 3.5 to me.

Comment

Working...
                X