No announcement yet.

Should he get another year???????San Augustine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let him hang around to produce more, if your trophy minded.

Comment

Leave him! Will be a monster next year. You'll have opportunity to kill deer like him "size wise" in the future that he is now. Next year he could be a real once upon a time deer.

Comment

Tough call. In a prefect world, he needs two more years. I think he is a solid 3.5 yr old this season, and could be a monster is two years. However, if you aren't on a managed lease, he is going to get shot because he is a nice buck.

Comment

Shoot......

Comment

I think he is 4 1/2....it would be hard to believe him being 2 years older last year. but depends on your area and surrounding hunters. Would he grow in size with another year or two ofcourse yes, but is that always applicable? If he's not going to live through two more hunting seasons because of getting shot next door to you that doesn't do too much good for you. I would be more than happy to harvest him at 4 1/2, but if you wanna take the chance go ahead.

Comment

I think you know the answer but it would be real tough letting him walk under the stand in the broad daylight! This is the first year we are really trying to bump up our kill age 5.5/6.5. Doing that LF east texas is tough but I commend your efforts! Stellar buck. Would love to hear the rest of his story and hopefully pictures from next year velvet. Keep us posted.

Comment

let him walk....it will payoff

Comment

if it makes you happy... next year is never promised.

Comment

I would pass two more seasons and then put him on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                      I would pass two more seasons and then put him on the wall.
                      I wish I could, but hunting pressure from surrounding leases make that more difficult...although it might happen if he doesn't start showing up in daylight hours

Comment

Working...
                      X