Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Bill is a WINNER for Hunters/Conservation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds good to me on the EQIP, hopefully my request will be approved on my land.

Comment

"other perspective"...

I wasn't editorializing just pointing out there are different ways to look at things.

All's well and good until your particular ox gets gored.

Comment

Going to look into eqip since planning on adding duck habitat this year to our place unless the red tape is too much to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          That article is nothing more than clickbait headlines. It's true, there is bad in the farm bill, but there is also good, as stoof highlighted. All said and done, it's going to be more positive than negative.

There were also bad parts of the tax cuts congress passed last fall, but I think 95% of people benefited.
          ………..and that was the point sir!
          Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          sounds good to me on the EQIP, hopefully my request will be approved on my land.
          EQIP program definitely helped me in the 90's. Really easy to navigate back then and simple to implement. I would do it again if needed.

Comment

Now we just got to get Mitch to do his freakin job and get the LWCF passed through.

Comment

Maybe if we did away with ethanol the "poor old farmers" would not take their land out of CRP and grow corn from road ditch to road ditch. That just might help with the habitat for pheasants, quail, etc. Nah, too simple for government to understand.

Comment

Maybe the poor old farmer has more of a right to make a living then you do to hunt quail.

I understand that people here are often hunters first and foremost, but quite frankly keeping all of our favorite hobbies alive isn't as important as keeping the livelihoods of farmers.

Now, don't take this as me saying the farm bill is good or bad. I'm not going to pretend I've read it, so I'm not going to put forth an opinion on that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                  Maybe the poor old farmer has more of a right to make a living then you do to hunt quail.

I understand that people here are often hunters first and foremost, but quite frankly keeping all of our favorite hobbies alive isn't as important as keeping the livelihoods of farmers.

Now, don't take this as me saying the farm bill is good or bad. I'm not going to pretend I've read it, so I'm not going to put forth an opinion on that.

Sure he has a right to, I'm not saying he doesn't. What I'm saying is that they farm every square inch of their land and then want subsidies (welfare) to grow their crops. My wife's family are farmers in ND, so I know a little bit about what I'm saying here. You might want to dig a little deeper into how we (you and I and every other taxpayer) get the bill for these subsidies. And the "poor old farmer" has mostly been replaced by big corporations. Don't even get me started on crop insurance where half of your beans get destroyed by a hail storm, but your friendly adjuster calls it 70% because, guess what ?, he's a farmer too.

But that's ok, because Willie and friends are gonna save them all !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Sure he has a right to, I'm not saying he doesn't. What I'm saying is that they farm every square inch of their land and then want subsidies (welfare) to grow their crops. My wife's family are farmers in ND, so I know a little bit about what I'm saying here. You might want to dig a little deeper into how we (you and I and every other taxpayer) get the bill for these subsidies. And the "poor old farmer" has mostly been replaced by big corporations. Don't even get me started on crop insurance where half of your beans get destroyed by a hail storm, but your friendly adjuster calls it 70% because, guess what ?, he's a farmer too.

But that's ok, because Willie and friends are gonna save them all !
                    Not taking every inch of there land would be like your company buying a 80,000 Sq ft facility, and only using 60,000 Sq ft of it.
                    I'm a farmer, so I also know a little bit about it. The little old farmer being replaced by corporations is bull****. Farms are getting bigger, it's called successful farmers expanding. Any other family owned business expanding is great, but when a farmer does it its bad.
                    To break a million in income, it takes less then 1,500 acres, at today's low prices. That's a pretty easy farm for a father son operation, a couple siblings, etc.

Crop insurance is no different then anything else. You go total your truck do you ***** when the adjuster gives you more then blue book for it? They drive a truck too so they understand what you're going through. Except instead of a truck when a hail storm hits your crop you totalled your income for the year.

Don't take this as complaining how hard farming is. I knew that going in. What gets me is people that have no clue about farming come in here talking about how farm subsidies are ruining the country.

Comment

I understand the systematic problems with farm welfare, but if I got to pick, I'd much rather subsidize the folks growing our food supply than subsidizing the banking and auto industries.

Comment

Lot of handouts in the deal. I guess it secures votes.

Comment

Working...
                        X