South Texas Hunters 2018 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
    My son connected with a good S. Texas cull this weekend at his uncles place near George West. They are growing some low fence studs over there, for me and my son this is a trophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow! that would make a beautiful european for my coffee table! congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buddy of mine shot this 154” Eight last weekend at my place. He used a mouth draw on the bow due to him tearing his right bicep.
      Anybody else ever try this ? I have a short video of him drawing the bow but dont know how to upload video. Quite an accomplishment.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like I missed the rut. I was here Thanksgiving weekend and came back Friday to hunt. Some bucks are still working scrapes but they are all scarred up and some have broken beams.

Had this guy in front of me checking him out through Bono’s when this guy popped out to my right.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          Looks like I missed the rut. I was here Thanksgiving weekend and came back Friday to hunt. Some bucks are still working scrapes but they are all scarred up and some have broken beams.

Had this guy in front of me checking him out through Bono’s when this guy popped out to my right.

Lots of bucks broken on my lease, some just points and others main beams. One of our target 5+ year old 8 points broke off both his main beams about 4 inches from the base.

Comment

I had some new bucks on camera last week, today it was a slow morning only one three year old buck chasing like there is no tomorrow.

Comment

Heading south Monday. We are in Hebbronville. Any body seeing my rut activity

Comment

The rut is in full swing in Dimmit County. I watched bucks chase does all day long and I rattled up 2 good bucks this morning.

Comment

Awesome nilgai.

It's always a lame day dream but even tonight I caught myself thinking about the what ifs if a big animal other than a deer stepped out the brush

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish I would have stopped for some pics of the bucks I saw on 77 south of Sarita today. Big boys were out with does.

Comment

Got this one around Mirando city yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This one was taken yesterday in the afternoon hunt

By another hunter, not me

Comment

Been a great couple of days . Bucks are out after does and the weather has been great. We killed this mainframe long beamed 12pt Friday afternoon. 166-7/8. This 143 Management 10pt Friday night also.Last night one of our guys son took this beautiful old mainframe 10pt with kickers. 158-1/8. We are blessed to hunt this beautiful Brush Country. Good luck to everyone on the rest of your season.

Comment

South Texas Hunters 2018 Thread

Bucks running good in Duval county. Our guys got a 9, 10, and 11 pt in the last 2 hunts. My turn to get a 12 to keep the sequence going. Lol
                            In the 5 years we’ve been on this lease, we’ve only taken culls and some does to get the ratio close to where we want it. Get rid of the trash to get good symmetrical bucks.

Last edited by RobinHood; 12-16-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Been having a few mature Bucks still chasing.

Comment

I’ve been busy since Thanksgiving!

Comment

Working...
                                X