Rattle Snake Skin Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
    Oh, cool, thanks for the write up. I need to do this. Where do I get glycerin?
    Nicely done!

Also, drugstores like CVS in the makeup department

Comment

Got the alcohol and glycerin just need to find some big rattlers, it's been awhile....

They are looking good keep us posted!

Comment

Great job! They look great! One of the hunters on lease have covered knife sheaths and gun holsters. Can't wait to see the finale product.

Comment

In

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t have a picture of it mounted on the bord but will get one tomorrow. I didn’t want to see any pins so I ended up stitching it onto the board. I drilled small holes under the overlap of the belly scales and ran fishing line through it. It lays out really flat and you can’t see the line at all as it lays under the scales. It just shy of 7’ without the head and 10.5” wide.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by The Texan; 04-20-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Texan View Post
              I don’t have a picture of it mounted on the bord but will get one tomorrow. I didn’t want to see any pins so I ended up stitching it onto the board. I drilled small holes under the overlap of the belly scales and ran fishing line through it. It lays out really flat and you can’t see the line at all as it lays under the scales. It just shy of 7’ without the head and 10.5” wide.
              NICE !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Texan View Post
                That’s awesome!

Comment

Cool thread

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Betcha the wife loved seeing that jar on the kitchen counter everyday! Dilly Dilly!

Comment

They turned out great. The stretching and rolling on a stick worked well. Leaning towards putting on a old fence picket and hanging in man cave but not 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your work looks great. Couple Qs.

1. How long did you let them sit outside the freezer before you worked on them? Would you do this differently next time?
                          2. What is a sharp spoon?
                          3. Why did you cut off the tails?

Comment

[QUOTE=35remington;13332047]Your work looks great. Couple Qs.

1. How long did you let them sit outside the freezer before you worked on them? Would you do this differently next time?

One day, let them defrost in feed sack in backyard. Only thing I would do different is be very careful and get full tail off with rattler when skinning.

2. What is a sharp spoon?

Just a regular large metal spoon with a decent edge. I didn’t sharpen mine or anything but took one of the wives new spoons that’s less then a year old. This worked great for fleshing over a knife for me.

3. Why did you cut off the tails?

When I was peeling the skin off the snake it ripped a little and tore not looking good. My own fault for rushing it - first tine skinning a whole snake and just rushed it not thinking they would tear since the body of the snake skin came off so easy

Comment

Man that looks awesome

Comment

Where did you get the glycerin?

Comment

Working...
                                X