Turkey Feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Feathers

Does anyone do any cool projects with their turkey wing feathers ? I know theres the obvious arrow making but I was wondering what else you've done .

I save a few feathers to tie flies with. Have you made a wing bone yelper?

Comment

No... sure haven't . The fly tying is a good idea also.

Comment

The yelper is really easy to make and they actually work. Google it and I'm sure you'll find plenty of how to video's.

Comment

I made a wingbone turkey call and a fly down call from the wings. Link showing step by step instructions for a wingbone turkey call - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAOf99vQmNM I'll post a picture later of my flydown call.

Comment

Fletch arrows

Comment

This
              Attached Files

Comment

My kids made inkwell pens with a few of my leftover feathers. They actually worked!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Link to make Turkey wing Fly down Call (turkey wings flapping) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO8xi9Jqd68 I didn't want the bones showing like in the video so I left the skin and short feathers of the secondary feather "wing" attached to the primary wing so that I could use it as a flap to cover up the bones in the primary wing. I used bondo to fill in between the bones and build the area up so it wouldn't be so flat. I carefully sewed the feather flap down to secure it. You can probably glue it but don't use SuperGlue. Make sure to get all the meat, grease, etc. off of the skin and bones and use Borax to help dry everything out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

My grandsons make ink pens with them. They pull the ink tube and tip from the cheapest BIC pens they can get. Cut the end off the quill and just shove them in

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That's really cool! Is it just painted on?

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                          That's really cool! Is it just painted on?
                          X2... that's very creative !

Comment

Yes painted. My cousin does them. He painted a quail, Elk, Pronghorn, buffalo, and all kinds of fish Dorado, sailfish, king etc...

Comment

Originally posted by gilbear View Post
                              Yes painted. My cousin does them. He painted a quail, Elk, Pronghorn, buffalo, and all kinds of fish Dorado, sailfish, king etc...
                              That's awesome your cousin is very talented. Does he do this for others? If so does he have a website or anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X