No announcement yet.

Acl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope it's not to bad. Messed up my knee in HS and couple years ago had a one inch hole in my knee that had to be filled with bone and cartilage. Best of luck

Comment

Mines been torn for almost 20 years. I am a coach and it gives me trouble if try to act like a young guy again. I can't really do much activity that involves cutting. Sometimes it just kinda moves around if I step on in level ground. I've considered getting it fixed but I know it will need to be replaced later so I'm not gonna do it. I am going to have it cleaned up with a scope pretty quick though.

Comment

Day 3. We fly home tomorrow and I have an appointment with orthopedic surgeon on Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife had her acl reconstructed by dr Schmidt (spurs dr) in San Antonio with a tendon from her hamstring. Rehab was painful but turned out good after a few months back to normal

Comment

Might try rehab first. Had mine done after blowing it out and also stretched collateral ligaments several years back playing church league basketball. There is no rush to have the surgery. They didn't even want to do mine until all of the swelling went down.

Comment

Tore my ACL in two, and a tear in my Lateral meniscus two weeks before my wedding in a 4wheeler wreck. I chose for the cadaver donation so I would only heal from one surgery. They used an Achilles' tendon from a 40 year old woman. So once an Month I get a little moody.......

Comment

Had my ACL replaced with my own tendon by Dr Schmidt in SAN Antonio when I was in College. Pretty intense rehab and I was back playing basketball and volleyball with a brace in 4 months. When it happened I knew something bad happened and I would be back to normal if I hadn't messed up my mcl as well earlier in high school. Good luck to you and hope you get good news from the doc.

Comment

My son had a 60% tear of his right ACL during the 2015 football season, second game. He just had the replacement surgery (patellar tendon) right before Christmas 2016, after playing the entire 2016 football season. We used Dr. Walt Lowe in Houston at Memorial Iron Man Center. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks post op, and he is walking and such like nothing happened. He is flat going stir crazy because he hasn't been cleared to do anything other than prescribed rehab exercises. He was a gym rat prior. We go see the doc on Wednesday next week, hoping that he will be cleared for light activity.

Rehab, rehab, rehab. Hunter was lucky to be able to do a lot of "prehab" for his, as it was scheduled a long time in advance. That really helped his recovery.

Comment

I guess I've always been lucky.Never had a knee issue whatsoever..Heavy squats,Moto cross,water sports,whatever..Snow sports??That's a game changer.Ski'd one time in Steamboat,and figured out in about 10 mins I didn't have more than about 50% control..Gravity had control

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, went to see Doc today and he did a couple quick tests and said he thought it was at least my ACL and MCL but wanted to see MRI to confirm. Guess I'll know more next week.

Comment

Good luck. Now days knee surgery is pretty simple with the arthroscope.

Back in my day it was major surgery with a week in the hospital and a cast up to your groin for 8 weeks just for cartilage. Blew my right knee in the 8th grade and my left MCL my freshman year in college.

Tore meniscus a few years ago and it was in and out lol. Amazing.

Comment

Attack the therapy after surgery. The more pain, the more gain. Good luck. I had ACL replacement (piece of my patella tendon) in '93. You'll be okay.

Comment

Well, surgery day is here. Headed under the knife at 9:30. Wish me luck. Should be ready to go full speed by dove season!!

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                                Well, surgery day is here. Headed under the knife at 9:30. Wish me luck. Should be ready to go full speed by dove season!!

Good luck! Who is your ortho surgeon? Do your rehab and you should be ready for dove season in a brace of course!!

Comment

Working...
                                X