Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Adventures of Robin Hood....

Is on Turner Classic Movie channel right now. The one with Errol Flynn

They are fixing to have the archery tournament right now!

Bisch

thats Howard Hill shooting!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Jerry...I just caught the arrow splitting (Robin Hood) shot.

I've never seen this movie, but it's bringing back a lot of early childhood memories.

I grew up in 1950's Germany as an Air Force Brat. There was no television then in Germany. We had a Wurlitzer combination radio/ record player and we actually had this movie on a LP record. I think I wore that record out as a young boy.

I think it was better in those days mentally imaging your own pictures to radio and record stories. Does anybody else remember "The Lone Ranger" and "The Shadow" on radio?

Heck...for that matter, does anyone else remember records?
      Last edited by fletcherfor2; 02-05-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

King Richard came back and, together with Robin and his Meery Men, saved the day..... and Maid Marion!

Comment

Robin and Marion are together forever.

The end.

I dig old archery flicks!

Bisch

Now back to my basketball game.
          Last edited by Bisch; 02-05-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Here are two that I treasure and watch over and over...

THE BLACK ROSE

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-oGqXZvjfA"]The Black Rose (1950) Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

THE FLAME AND THE ARROW
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpNK86Lp8ts"]The Flame and the Arrow (1950).avi - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have not seen either of those, CM! I might try to find The Flame and the Arrow to watch!

With my deafness thing though, I am going to have to find one with subtitles in english!

Bisch
              Last edited by Bisch; 02-05-2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
                Thanks Jerry...I just caught the arrow splitting (Robin Hood) shot.

I've never seen this movie, but it's bringing back a lot of early childhood memories.

I grew up in 1950's Germany as an Air Force Brat. There was no television then in Germany. We had a Wurlitzer combination radio/ record player and we actually had this movie on a LP record. I think I wore that record out as a young boy.

I think it was better in those days mentally imaging your own pictures to radio and record stories. Does anybody else remember "The Lone Ranger" and "The Shadow" on radio?

Heck...for that matter, does anyone else remember records?

Boy Dusty you are old. In 58 or so we watched Gunsmoke on the black and white. Even at that young age I knew I wanted to marry Miss Kitty. I guess that is why I met all three of my wives in a dance hall.Oh and by the way I do remember 45s and four track tape players.
                Last edited by Selfbowman; 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I bet Robinhood never threw his arrows in the fire.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post

Matt
                    That's cause wood was all he had to choose from. If he would have had carbon, he for sure would have ditched the woods!

By the way, did you get any of the ones I gave you to work or did you need some kindling in your wood burning stove?

Bisch

Comment

I went to some 160gr tips and they shoot fine.

Thanks
                      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post

Matt
                        Oh, thats too funny. I sure would like to see the Flame and the Arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                          OMG, Deb, I never thought of that when I typed my response to CM. That is some funny stuff!

Bisch

Comment

The Black Rose has some outstanding archery (including a group from Cathay being beaten by "Sarah"... the English longbow!).

The Flame And The Arrow has a good bit of excellent shaft-sending, as well (the 'rescue' of his son at the end... superb shot. But lawyers from around the globe would be howling over that one). It also shows what a phenomenal ATHLETE Burt was (and I do mean PHENOMENAL!).

Enjoy! There are others I have in my collection (and collected memories). I'll dig through and see if I can find them represented on the 'Tube.
                            Sackett

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                              I think everbody that was at the Paris TBoT shoot has already seen that one!

I thought I would go ahead and get that one out there before some of the other smart-arses chimed in!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X