Headed out to Keith Johns this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed out to Keith Johns this weekend

I am excited to see how the freeze has hit the green! Talked to Keith today and he said that animals are hitting the feeders!
    I will report as soon as I can!

Yeah I talked with him as well and he said it has killed off A LOT of the green.......... good luck and looking forward to some LDP's!!!

Tell him Forrest said hey.

Comment

I will!

Comment

what are you after??

Comment

Axis or blackbuck. And any hog that happens to stroll by!!

Comment

I'll be there in mid Jan. Please post a hunt report when you get back. Good luck and thanks!

Comment

Well, it was chilly this morning but as always, I had a great time. Just before daylight there were 3 whitetail does and a spike at the feeder. They fed and strolled off. A while later an absolutely beautiful 2 1/2 year old 8 point came in and fed for about 25 minutes. About 120 yards off I saw a blackbuck doe. As she started to come in I could see an incredible blackbuck behind her. He chased her a bit and then she started to walk in to the feeder. She got to about 35 yards with him at around 55. He was behind some brush but I could see him stop and simply decide that something didn't seem right. He then casually walked away and she followed. No chance for a shot!
              My heart was pounding as it was my first blackbuck to come in that close. I am going back out tomorrow and can't wait to see what happens!
              Hope to have some LDPs tomorrow!

Comment

Hey Matt, Good to meet you this weekend at KJ's. Witnessing that hogdoggin' this morning was some pretty wild stuff.

Comment

Great to meet you too! It was a blast!! Let me know if you're heading back down.

Comment

So to report:
                    I saw two buffalo (tempting but I didn't) this morning but not much else. We did have a hog shot that we needed to track with Keith's dog Tank. Unfortunately, he was shot in the back leg and could still run. And I mean RUN!!
                    We finally caught him and had a good old fashioned pig stickin'! A lot of great guys and a great time. I'll be headed back soon!

Comment

Thanks for the hunt report. Sounds like you had a good time.

Comment

Working...
                      X