where to sell rattlesnakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to sell rattlesnakes

Does anybody know of a place that will buy live rattlesnakes around south texas? Or does anybody know how much they go for (depending on size).

You can probably sell them in Freer for the Rattlesnake Round Up. Haven't been there in a while so I can't remember when the Round Up is but I do remember some people buying rattlesnake year round in Freer.

Comment

the snakes would be from freer, I was just down there today but didnt ask anybody. Thanks

Comment

I think that snake farm in New Braunfels buys them...or at least used to. Have no idea what they would bring. Just burn 'em all, and save yourself the drive!

Comment

do any of your snakes have ear tags ????

how about some pics for the general viewing audience

cb <*)))>{

Comment

no tags on these..i have pics but my computer wont allow me to for some reason

Comment

Haven't sold any in years. Last I heard they were bring 5 or 6 bucks a lb. That was several years ago. I have seen them as low as 2.50 and as high as $9.00.

Comment

how many do you have, i am looking for 2.5lbs and bigger.

Comment

Anybody out there have any info about rules/regulations concerning the sale of live rattlesnakes? I've searched the TPWD website and find nothing at all about native species, only regulations about exotic or non-indigenous poisonous snakes. I've got several i want to sell, along with the snake box I have them in but I don't want to pay a high priced permit fee just to sell a few snakes.

Comment

Sweetwater roundup next weekend is buying for 6 bucks/lb.

Comment

[QUOTE=shark79;14024272]Sweetwater roundup next weekend is buying for 6 bucks/lb.[/QUOTE

It’s my understanding that a person has to have a jaycees hunting permit in order to sell. Last I heard it was $75 and I don’t have that many snakes.
                      I may be misinformed....

Comment

From the Sweetwater site CLICK

Snake Hunters
                        2019 Snake Prices
                        Only 8000 lbs will be purchased this year.
                        $6 - First 5000lbs
                        $2 - next 3000lbs
                        Gates open at 7:00 am Friday for snake hunters
                        In order to sell snakes at the roundup to the Sweetwater Jaycees, you must register with hunter registration in the back of the coliseum. You must possess a current Texas hunting license, with a non-game permit. You will also be required to sign a W-9 form before a check will be issued to you.
                        Snake buying will begin at 8:00 a.m. Friday morning, and will end at 12:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
                        Final weigh-in for snakes will be Sunday at 12:00 p.m. After that, no more snakes will be purchased by the Sweetwater Jaycees

Comment

Who's got a few skins they would like to sell?

Comment

Snakes are sold by the pound and have gone down hill. Market it flooded with snakes. You will need a non game permit to sell them as well. I caught snakes for years till about two years ago. You have have a hard time finding a buyer unless your first in line at the snake round ups.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                              Anybody out there have any info about rules/regulations concerning the sale of live rattlesnakes? I've searched the TPWD website and find nothing at all about native species, only regulations about exotic or non-indigenous poisonous snakes. I've got several i want to sell, along with the snake box I have them in but I don't want to pay a high priced permit fee just to sell a few snakes.
                              How much for the box?

Got any pictures?

Comment

Working...
                              X