Lease in Menard (SOLD) Whitehead ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease in Menard (SOLD) Whitehead ranch

I got the word yesterday that the lease we hunt on in Menard sold. The Whitehead Ranch has been in operation since 1942 and a large portion of this ranch was sold to Redman Land And Cattle. This place has been like my second home. We are good until June 2019 and not sure after that. I hope they will still allow us to hunt this amazing place. I don’t mind even paying more lease dues as long as they don’t get out of hand. Man I have a lot of stuff to move off if it comes to that. There has been a lot of memories and a ton of first on this place.

hope all goes well

Comment

I wouldn't wait too long to start looking for a new lease...

Just the way it usually goes.

Comment

That is a great part of the county. I noticed they sold their Llano River pasture several years ago. Guess the kids or grandkids are ready for a check. Good luck with the new owners honoring your contract.

Comment

Good luck man. Unfortunately kids and grandkids don’t look at land with the same passion that their forefathers did. Like someone else said. All they see is a check in the mail. And then before they know it! They’re broke again.

Comment

I hate to read stories like this but it is happening more and more these days. Good luck and stay positive

Comment

no kidding, with a good restaurant down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                no kidding, with a good restaurant down the road.
                O'jedias ? Or Roosevelt Feed Store? Please tell me if you know of any other
                places to eat in Menard been hunting SE Sutton county since 2000 and always prefer going to Menard and the Super S rather than Sonora.

Comment

O'jedias, is really the only place we went to when we where in Menard

Comment

I wouldn't wait too long to contact the new owner and try to negotiate a new lease.

Comment

I saw the other day the ranch I hunted for 18 years is for sale. Looks like they are selling all the properties they own. $40,000,000 might tempt me to sell too.

Comment

I wouldn't wait too long to contact the new owner and try to negotiate a new lease.
                        That's great advice. Start communication with the new owners as soon as possible, let them know how much you like the place, how long you've been on it and that you would like to continue to be a steward of that land.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                          O'jedias ? Or Roosevelt Feed Store? Please tell me if you know of any other
                          places to eat in Menard been hunting SE Sutton county since 2000 and always prefer going to Menard and the Super S rather than Sonora.
                          The best and only place I eat anymore in town is called the Lazy Ladle Cafe.
                          Very good food and it is all home made.
                          O'jedias food tastes like it is pre-made.

Comment

Working...
                          X