Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product for Arthritis in your Canine Friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product for Arthritis in your Canine Friend?

I've got a thread I started a few weeks ago about "Post your best/canine friend pic." Had some responses from those who's "best friends" are up in age or just showing joint pain.

Starting this new one for those who's "best friend" is having joint issues in the hope it can ease their problem?

These comments are ONLY specific to Myla, our 6 year old Catahoula. She is 86 pounds and has a right hip problem that surfaced about 5 months ago. She would get up and a high % of the time yelp and limp for a few minutes. Then, she would get better, kinda of like after you/she would warm up. I've had so many dogs in the past as they got older, like me, with joints that caused them pain. Vet said this is NOT Hip Dysplasia but beginning stage of Arthritis.

So, after lot's of experience with past "best friends growing older," plus a LOT of research we decided to try this product:

See pic....bought off Amazon for $32.00/250 count. She LOVE'S the taste and they are soft, easy to eat. After Myla finishes her dinner, she "runs" to Momma, sits and takes all 3 (dosed according to her weight per directions) and off she goes to hunt squirrels and anything else dumb enough to be in her reach. It took about 6 weeks, but NO more yelps or limping to date.

DISCLOSURE: NOT meant to be a cure all, but at least in this case it has worked great! Only want to provide an idea that may help...we all love our Canine Best Friends so maybe it will help! Kuma.....
    Attached Files

May have to get some for my lab she is 9 and good so far with her hips and joints

Comment

Gonna look at this for our catahoula mix. She pushing 10 and in the last couple months is struggling getting up on the couch or bed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

A tincture houndcat CBD in the am and one before bed. The rules about CBD oil is changing soon so I will have to find a distributor that uses state grown plants for the process. My current brand sources plants from CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thx for the heads up. Will look into these. Our little ankle biter is coming up on 18 yrs old and her hips are giving her some problems.

Comment

Meloxicam or Previcox for chronic joint pain!

Comment

My soon to be 12 year old lab had some stiffness and showed signs of slowing down almost 2 years ago and I started her on Glucosamine Chondroitin (1500mg/1200mg). One tablet daily and she was 90lbs. This helped for almost a year and then I noticed that the symptoms were back as well as he not squatting to urinate. I took her to the vet a few months ago and got her started on Carprofen (Rimadyl), a NSAID like Naproxen (Alleve) and upped her GC to 2 tab per day. I also put her on a diet of 1/2 amount of normal food and 1/2 can of green beans to help her get down to about 70-75 lbs. She sucks the beans up and has show GREAT improvement with joint issues and seems to be much better. Carprofen is only by perscription but if your vet will give you the script or confirm on the phone, buy it online at http://www.allivet.com/, much cheaper.

Comment

Been like a miracle for our 12 year old golden

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  https://www.chewy.com/synovi-g4-join...hews/dp/119287

I also use these for my 12 year old lab... love the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    https://www.chewy.com/synovi-g4-join...hews/dp/119287

Going to give it a try

Comment

Nutramax Dasuquin for dogs.

TAMU vet, my local vet, and some people I greatly respect for dog nutrition recommended it after Ace had his elbow surgery. He's almost 5 and doesn't have any issues. My sister's dog is over 10 and it works great on her, too. She used to be very stiff and sore, struggled to get around but now she acts like a young dog.

Sis said there is a generic out there, but I'm not sure if it is the same. These guys have the patent on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                        A tincture houndcat CBD in the am and one before bed. The rules about CBD oil is changing soon so I will have to find a distributor that uses state grown plants for the process. My current brand sources plants from CO.

CBD OIL. It works great on my Cockapoo for Epilepsy and Joint pain. He is about 17 pounds. 2-3 drops on a beggin' strip in the AM and at Night.

Comment

Working...
                        X