Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New gun!! Need help with an actual value and date of manufacturer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New gun!! Need help with an actual value and date of manufacturer.

Smith and Wesson 586-1
    I picked it up today. I’ve been looking at it for 2 months. It’s not very often a gun catches my eye enough to pay good for a used one from a store. But I HAD to have this one. I did research and I don’t think the price was out of line but I am curious on the value from someone in the know. I’m not a pistol guy. 6”. No box. No factory grips(I’ll find some). SN begins with AUW17XX and has an M stamped under it. Gun has been fired but well cared for. 95%+ condition in my opinion and I’m usually conservative on conditions. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You looked on Gunbroker?

Comment

I have no idea but I need one now. Man that is a good looking hunk of iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hand cannon for sure

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
          You looked on Gunbroker?
          Yes. Real hard to judge with so many different models. Was hoping a smith guru would chime in. I’m seeing 8-900ish.

Comment

I joined the Smith and Wesson forum just for the purpose of finding out the date of one of my revolvers.
            It's a cool forum and also on tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll just say this - that is a sweet looking revolver.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                I’ll just say this - that is a sweet looking revolver.
                Thank you. It was love at first sight lol

Autocorrect got me on my title ugh. Lol
                Last edited by trophy8; 04-24-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Smith & Wesson makes it possible for you to own a piece of history-in-the-making with these Classic revolvers. They're the finest new handguns possible with desi

I did a price match and they came back at 697.00, however this one is a 586-3 and will probably have the internal lock. The one you have is an older model with no lock. I try to use Buds to get an idea of value of current made guns, I have seen some crazy pricing on Gun Broker.

Comment

Matt, that's a very nice gun! I'm a real "Smith" fan! That's a newer model with the insert in the front blade and a 3 screw side plate... BUT, they are solid guns. If you are interested in increasing the value, indeed original grips will help, but not that much... If I were you, I'd go shoot it, and take that sucker out hunting and kill yourself a big ol' buck with it!

Comment

The serial number prefix shows that gun to have been built in 1987. Like Charlie said its a good gun and needs to be shot. I would not worry about the grips much, if the ones on it fit you good, use them. Take it to your new lease and bust one of them big nasty hogs.

Comment

Smith-wessonforum.com. Very knowledgable folks on there that can help with ID on any S&W ever made and prices. Some are even associated with S&W. With serial # they can tell you when it left the factory. Great forum! They love photos too! BTW, I just love nice wheelguns and you sir have a nice one.

Comment

I would call that a 98% gun from the pics Matt...reaching 99% if that is glare & not muzzle wear in the last pic.

I too would be inclined to enjoy it as well, but be warned...wheel guns cab be just as addictive. I actually prefer them for the ranch & the ability to pick from rat shot quickly. That gun will be a joy to shoot with 38spl.

Keep an eye on this auction https://www.gunbroker.com/item/766586421 as it will give you some insight in regards to future collectability. I would put original S&W finger groove stocks on them vs the targets for shooting.

Comment

Had a 586 years ago, sold it and wish I still had it.

Paid $300 for it, looks like it would have appreciated well

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...%2F38SP+%2BP+6

I did a price match and they came back at 697.00, however this one is a 586-3 and will probably have the internal lock. The one you have is an older model with no lock. I try to use Buds to get an idea of value of current made guns, I have seen some crazy pricing on Gun Broker.
                              Yeah it’s hard to compare an older one to new ones. I’ve been told 1986-1987 for this one 3 times now so I’m going with that lol. I’m headed to the range with some rifles today. I guess I’ll take it. I intended on shooting the hell out of it but it’s in such good condition lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X