X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harley vs Yamaha?

Who makes the better cruiser?

Pros and cons of each?

Harley because they are cool. Yamaha if you like to wear panties..

Comment

Both are solid bikes. A lot of people want Harley because of the name. For me, I prefer money in my bank account. I don't have any size issues to prove

Comment

Both make good bikes. Harley will have much better resale value down the road if you decide to sell or change/upgrade

Comment

I have owned over 40 motorcycles since I started riding in 1979. And I used to wrench in shops. I only say that to back up my opinion with some experience. With Harleys you are buying the name. You often get better performance and lower cost (bikes, parts, insurance) if you buy one of the "big 4" Japanese manufacturers. I like all bikes though, so if you can, ride them both and decide.

Comment

From what I understand is one of them you have to work on a lot the other one you just put gas in.

Comment

I always did see them Harvey Davidson motorsickles with a circle of wrenches layin all the way around them.

I lived on that one for 6 months, drove it to the Arctic Circle. Put three sets of tires on it.
              I had retired from my previous life and took off for 6 months, then I had to go back to work.
              Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I drove thru 34 states and rode the Alcan Hwy . Maybe I will tell y'all about it someday.

Comment

Been on bikes since 1974. Owned all kinds of jap bikes. Most will run for ever with very little care. With that being said if you buy the Jap bike there will be a time that you wished you picked up the Harley.

Hodaka Supper Rat Rio Bravo 1975
                  Attached Files

Comment

Harley vs Yamaha?

Yamaha. They make awesome bikes, ATVs, and outboards. Their reputation is solid on just about every product line they make, including musical instruments and equipment.

Harley makes pretty good motorcycles, but where they really control the market is shirts and purses.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      Yamaha. They make awesome bikes, ATVs, and outboards. Their reputation is solid on just about every product line they make, including musical instruments and equipment.

Harley makes pretty good motorcycles, but where they really control the market is shirts and purses.
                      Dont forget about all the chinese made trinkets and chrome covers. HD cant compete now, young people aint interested in one.

Comment

Ive never owned one but Harley cant figure out how to keep them running at idle still. You have to keep revving them at a stop light just to keep them from dying

Comment

My last bike was a Yamaha Road Star 1700cc. It would outrun all my friends Harley's. I put 97,000 miles on that bike before selling it to another TBH'er. Never had any issues with it at all. I love both, but Harley Davison is more of a brand name than anything. They still make great bikes, but I believe Yamaha is the most dependable, best performing motorcycle for the money.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Radar Seen the new model this year ??

As a guy that owns a harley shop I would tell you this all makes , models have issues . For every forum board where they are upset of this issue with this brand,.. you can type in the next brand and see it all over again .

Resale on a HD is not at all great . If you do the math in % you will see its nothing to jump for joy for .

If you want the V twin rumble and the lumbering road sofa pick up a used HD .

Have you looked at the Indians ?? always an option as well , I tune them and do minor work on them , most that buy them do not do much other than install mufflers and ride them

just want to ride once or twice a month , not really caring if you own a HD or not I would suggest you get an import .
                              Last edited by HDWRENCH; 08-16-2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X