Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poison ivy?

Is this poison ivy?

I hung a new tree stand on July 29. It didn't start itching and I didn't notice it until Friday Aug 3. I would think poison ivy should show up quicker than that. I've only had it once before and it didn't look as bad as this. Saturday I bought some poison ivy cream and it seems like it has gotten worse since I started using it. If it is, I need to get rid of it quick. My daughter will be born by this Friday.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Doc and steroids..fastest..My wife and GS both get it bad ...and have cured it at home...but not fast..

Comment

Not uncommon for it to rear its ugly head 3-4 days after initial exposure. Yep, steroid shot is your quickest way to recovery.

Comment

Yep and you can’t give it to someone else. Myth!

Comment

Def poison ivy, once it’s set in like that a trip to a clinic for steroid shot, cream and pills is best bet. Over the counter stuff won’t touch it at this point. I just went thru this about 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Their is a product called Ivy Dry (Dri) not sure which. It basically seals it in and keeps it from spreading my Mom swore by it. I've never had poison Ivy

Comment

Hot water will provide temporary relief for the itch (hottest you can stand).

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                Hot water will provide temporary relief for the itch (hottest you can stand).
                Itches more every time I take a shower

Comment

I plan on stopping by a minute clinic this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
                    Itches more every time I take a shower

Seriously, go to an urgent care and get the shot.

Comment

Like the others said, the shot is the fastest remedy. Creams didn't do squat for me. Hate that plant with a passion, and good luck with the little one...

Comment

This stuff isn't working

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Yep and you can’t give it to someone else. Myth!

Are you sure? I'm so allergic that I just opened this and read about poison ivy and it caused this reaction...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1362.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	24547783

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
                            Is this poison ivy?

I hung a new tree stand on July 29. It didn't start itching and I didn't notice it until Friday Aug 3. I would think poison ivy should show up quicker than that. I've only had it once before and it didn't look as bad as this. Saturday I bought some poison ivy cream and it seems like it has gotten worse since I started using it. If it is, I need to get rid of it quick. My daughter will be born by this Friday.

Don’t know if it’ll help you like it has me, but maybe try that Cortizone 10 creme in the tube. Don’t confuse the creme with the clear ointment. Only had success with the creme.. Rub it on twice daily on clean skin. If you can, try not to get sweaty for a few days and see if there’s improvement. It has sure worked well on me over the years.

I have no idea if the other varieties of Cortizone creme work any better.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Worksalot; 08-06-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

“Leaves of three, let it be"

Comment

Working...
                              X