No announcement yet.

2017 Coon Carnage Count....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 for the year. Coon cuffs, with golden corn nuggets, or corn with a dash of buck candy.
    Schleicher County.

1047. Adding ours and roadkill54's.

Comment

Tried my luck for the first time this weekend. I bought three of the dog proof traps.

Baited all three with soft cat food and sprayed some fish oil around Friday evening. I had coons in all three. Re-baited Saturday and caught two more.

I'm hooked.....

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
        Tried my luck for the first time this weekend. I bought three of the dog proof traps.

Baited all three with soft cat food and sprayed some fish oil around Friday evening. I had coons in all three. Re-baited Saturday and caught two more.

I'm hooked.....

You have to add them to the total on this thread

Comment

+2 for 1049

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill54 View Post
            11 more this weekend. Plus two more disappeared with a D shackle on it

Originally posted by 220swift View Post

I'm hooked.....

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            You have to add them to the total on this thread

Yup if you are going to participate do your own math. ... it's right there in the first post [emoji41]

Comment

Caught three this weekend. Looks like that will make 1057

Comment

We crossed each other in posting. We are now at 1057 with my two

Comment

Congratulations [emoji323][emoji322][emoji324][emoji898] on passing 1000.

Really need to do something like this for yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                    Congratulations [emoji323][emoji322][emoji324][emoji898] on passing 1000.

Really need to do something like this for yotes.

There is a yote thread. They don't keep an actual count though. I'll put it to the top, but I haven't had a confirmed kill to add to it in a few months.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Yup if you are going to participate do your own math. ... it's right there in the first post [emoji41]
                      Oh, I see. So 1062??

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Just pour the corn or catfood in the bottom of it and then cover up they trigger with a little more. They reach in for individual pieces and grab the trigger. Don't overthink it.

We don't stab the marshmallow on the trigger either. We stuff it in the bottom and the trigger smashes it down underneath it when it gets set..
                        Got it...Thanks Smart. The fat kid in me doesnt wanna share any more marshmallows with the ants or coons or opossums or whatever if I dont have too. I immediately started off 7 trapped for 7 set... stabbin marshmallows.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Got it...Thanks Smart. The fat kid in me doesnt wanna share any more marshmallows with the ants or coons or opossums or whatever if I dont have too. I immediately started off 7 trapped for 7 set... stabbin marshmallows.

Do what works for y'all. [emoji1303]. To quote the infamous FND, "if you are doing it, you are doing it right"[emoji51]

Comment

1 more in the yard last night--1063

Comment

+ 3

DP and Sardines

Comment

Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X