Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
    Climbers are the only way to go IMHO.
    I agree with woodsman that aluminum stands are the best. Your back will thank you later!
    I have bought 2 from classified here.

Comment

Get off the ground if you can. With a bow especially. You need every advantage you can get.

Comment

I personally like the hang on stand with climbing sticks, then i'm not restricted to just the perfect trees with no branches that you have to have for a climber. However, i have both, a ground blind and a tripod. This way i can setup for the best scenario whatever that might be. I have found good areas with no good trees and i end up having to back a tripod into a cedar bush or a ground blind. Just saying dont just pick a tree because it works for your climber!

Comment

I use to use a ladder stand ( cheap & convenient but awkward to carry in) then I upgraded to a Summit Viper Classic climber and I haven't looked back.

I had great success with a ground blind if you can find an area with no undergrowth. I had a spike walk up within 10 ft of me and my friend (hunting side by side in two ground blinds) I let him take the shot at 15 yards and he missed. None the less ground blinds can be very effective if in the right area. Also DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT WEAR CAMO IN A GROUND BLIND. Wear all black in a ground blind. Please watch the video.

Comment

Thanks for the info.. I will try a climber. Have a pop up already.

Comment

If you dont have a pop up or tripod just find an area near thickts. Google map the area and hunt the edges of the thickets. Try to be as still as you can. I mean dont even scratch your nose. Deer start looking for danger when they are on the move in public land. Oh and one more thing stay as late as can legally hunt. Good luck.

Comment

Great advice

Comment

Working...
                X