Something Unexpected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Unexpected

I headed over to the lake tonight just to see what might happen. Well, it didn't seem it was anything to write home about. It was nice having Kevin (Shankev) and his boys come out to join me. Kevin brought his new binoculars and the boys enjoyed watching the deer wade across the lake, the ducks whiz by and countless other birds hanging around. I didn't feel like I had any keepers as far as photos go as I packed up my bag. I mentioned "sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers" as we walked out of the park. We had to explain what that meant to Kevin's oldest boy.

Well, I got home, and found a "chicken". I just grabbed a couple of quick shots of Kevin showing Caleb how to use the binoculars. What was believed to be a fruitless venture produced an image I really like. I'm curious what y'all think.

Good pic.

Comment

Man oh man...I LIKE A LOT. Great picture Casey. Thanks for posting it up and sharing. You have some serious talent when it comes to using that gear.

Comment

That one needs to go in the frame on the wall! Great shot Casey.

Comment

great pic

Comment

Awesome pic.....Expressions say it all!

As usual, Casey, you capture a perfect moment.

Comment

Thats a good one.

Comment

Tells a story, nice image.

Comment

I think it's a great shot.

Comment

Great Shot. If you don't mind providing a few tips- Is the lighting that good, or is it your setup? Or just skills? Thanks

Comment

very nice

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                        Great Shot. If you don't mind providing a few tips- Is the lighting that good, or is it your setup? Or just skills? Thanks
                        Thanks. The lighting is that good. Late evening "golden hour" light that is soft and direct. It is not near as harsh as mid-day sunlight. I just happened to have the light behind me so it worked out well. Had they been between me and the light (setting sun) I might not have even lifted the camera, without getting the light behind me first. You can't get a decent shot without light.

I'd also like to think the cash I've dropped on gear and the inordinate amount of time I've spent trying to learn a thing or two helped as well. But, if you have the light, it makes it easier to pull off.

Comment

I like it! That's a framer Kevin. You should talk the photog out of a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                            I like it! That's a framer Kevin. You should talk the photog out of a copy.
                            I agree Bill...gotta sweet talk some bald dude out of a copy so I can frame it!

Comment

great light and nice job on the trigger

That one will be with them forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X