Feeder Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
    Thanks. Where are you hunting in Harrison County?
    Marshall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would put one feeder. I would put roasted soybean and corn mix.

Comment

I hunt 40 acres in Brazos County and run one corn feeder year round and free choice 20%protein out of season. I can't believe the difference in the deer that I see.

Comment

Originally posted by SnJGuin View Post
          Marshall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
          I'm North of Waskom.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            I don't know how long the pipeline is, or how wide, but it can't grow up in cover because they have to keep it mowed every two or three years. Contact the pipeline operator, and tell them you want to plant it. Everything should be buried 2'/3' deep, well below tilling depth. It will make a great food plot !

Stands at both ends is no problem if they are for different wind directions. Your stand placement should take wind into consideration, as well as how you access them on different winds without getting busted, but that's a different conversation.

Sanctuaries are great to hold deer, but they still need food and water to make your place attractive. If you don't have the equipment or expertise to do food plots, I can help with that. Starting this spring, I'm gonna be doing a little food plot work for others if they're close enough to be feasible.
            My dad was told the pipeline will be getting turned off. They are supposed to run a pig through it to make sure there is no leaks.

Comment

Use one feeder but make it a big one so you aren’t worried about filling it each time. Maybe hand cotn a different spot when you are there.

A food plot mght help also

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses. I am curious, why is it better to have fewer feeders?

Comment

i had 4 on 150 acres and i realized that I would hunt the feeder they would not be at. That was too many for the ranch, I went to 3 this year and that is much better and lots of deer hitting them more often. I would do 2 at most or 1 and get a big feeder and do much longer run times.

Comment

Working...
                  X