Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #151
Hoss163
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

It all started the day they traded kinsler for Fielder this team is back to the same old team it was before Nolan came on board . Terrible pitching and no desire to even give a crap !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoss163 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #152
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

If they decide to rebuild there wont be saving any of the current pieces. They will all be parted with for multiple prospects. That's just the way it goes. They arent going to trade Hammels and Beltre and hold onto Gallo and Elvis.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #153
cookemerkel
Ten Point

Richard let me armchair GM this my way...
cookemerkel is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #154
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
JD built the really good rosters too.

I'm starting to think JD got a little lucky on the Texieria, however you spell his name, trade. I think he's had way more misses than hits on the trade front. Cliff Lee was a win. Beltre' was a great free agent sign. Beyond that, i recall a lot of Gallardo, and, i can't remember his name, but the pitcher that couldn't field a bunt and got pretty upset when teams bunted on him. Matt Garza (just remembered). Bringing back J. Hamilton, etc. I don't know.

I think the main time kill this summer will be dissecting JD's trade and free agent signing history and see how well that bodes for the future.

I think if the club wants to get anything for Hamels or Beltre', they'd better trade them now. I think Elvis is the best trade bait right now. I'd have no untouchables on the current club.

We'll see...
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #155
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Texiera trade?

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #156
Grayson
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
If they decide to rebuild there wont be saving any of the current pieces. They will all be parted with for multiple prospects. That's just the way it goes. They arent going to trade Hammels and Beltre and hold onto Gallo and Elvis.
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #157
Low Fence
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post
I'm starting to think JD got a little lucky on the Texieria, however you spell his name, trade. I think he's had way more misses than hits on the trade front. Cliff Lee was a win. Beltre' was a great free agent sign. Beyond that, i recall a lot of Gallardo, and, i can't remember his name, but the pitcher that couldn't field a bunt and got pretty upset when teams bunted on him. Matt Garza (just remembered). Bringing back J. Hamilton, etc. I don't know.

I think the main time kill this summer will be dissecting JD's trade and free agent signing history and see how well that bodes for the future.

I think if the club wants to get anything for Hamels or Beltre', they'd better trade them now. I think Elvis is the best trade bait right now. I'd have no untouchables on the current club.

We'll see...
Several ??? In that

As far a Hamilton... the angels were paying him to sit on our DL and I think we (Rangers) added something like 4-5 Nolan Ryan hot dogs or something. It was literally pennies on a “what if”

I do think beltre is gone at trade and I’ll cheer for him wherever he goes (unless Houston)
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #158
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookemerkel View Post
Richard let me armchair GM this my way...
Deal. I just remember thinking along those lines when the Astros decided to tear it down. I understood getting rid of the veterans who held value because they would be done by the time the Astros were worthy of contending again but I didnt understand why they were getting rid of the young talented players as well, example Hunter Pence.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #159
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
What are you confused about?
Old 04-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #160
Grayson
Pope & Young

Quote:
What are you confused about?
Why you think they would trade younger, cheaper, productive players. I get the wishful thinking from a rival's perspective, but Gallo especially is precisely the type of young, cheap player that a rebuilding club keeps. They'd have to get a huge haul of MLB-ready talent to trade him away, and that's not happening. Elvis isn't necessarily "cheap" but he's productive again and is the heir apparent to Beltre as the clubhouse leader, I don't think they're trading him.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #161
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Texiera trade?

Brought in E. Andrus, N. Feliz, and a couple of others i don't remember right now.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #162
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Why you think they would trade younger, cheaper, productive players. I get the wishful thinking from a rival's perspective, but Gallo especially is precisely the type of young, cheap player that a rebuilding club keeps. They'd have to get a huge haul of MLB-ready talent to trade him away, and that's not happening. Elvis isn't necessarily "cheap" but he's productive again and is the heir apparent to Beltre as the clubhouse leader, I don't think they're trading him.
Just going by what I saw happen in Houston and how I thought like yall about it at the time. Gallo and Elvis are one guy, if they can net 3 good to great prospects for each of them, they see it as a numbers game. Maybe four of the six hit and now they have 4 cheap MLB players with longer control. See the Astros and Cubbies as examples of how it worked. Just my thoughts and observations.......we will see how JD and Co., play it out in the next several months and the offseason.

Last edited by rtp; 04-10-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #163
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Quote:

Elvis could be traded and if they think they can get anything for him they may trade him this year. He can opt out of his contract after this year and there’s a good chance he might (if somebody would pay him more than $15 mil a year.) the way things are headed. He’s going to be 30 next year and may not want to hang around for a long term rebuild. If you can get anything for him then trade him.

Not sure that you’d get a boat load of major league ready talent for Gallo. Not even real sure he’s major league ready yet.

MBV77 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #164
zztex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Did you just say Gallo was productive?😂😂😂😂👍
zztex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 07:16 PM   #165
kevin01
Ten Point

Perez crapping himself early. Down 3 to 0. With the way this team scores that should be enough to guarantee a loss.
kevin01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #166
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just going by what I saw happen in Houston and how I thought like yall about it at the time. Gallo and Elvis are one guy, if they can net 3 good to great prospects for each of them, they see it as a numbers game. Maybe four of the six hit and now they have 4 cheap MLB players with longer control. See the Astros and Cubbies as examples of how it worked. Just my thoughts and observations.......we will see how JD and Co., play it out in the next several months and the offseason.

They do not view this as complete a rebuild as what Houston went through....right or wrong. They have a new stadium to open in two years.

I'm thinking ownership wants to shed some bad money (Choo, Fielder, etc) gather some prospects, then get back in the FA market heavy, relatively quickly.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #167
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
They do not view this as complete a rebuild as what Houston went through....right or wrong. They have a new stadium to open in two years.

I'm thinking ownership wants to shed some bad money (Choo, Fielder, etc) gather some prospects, then get back in the FA market heavy, relatively quickly.

It is going to be interesting to watch for sure. I think everyone(except Smart) probably agrees this team is in need of a major overhaul. If JD can fix that in the FA market, my hats off to him. The pieces they do trade wont be for talent that is anywhere near major leage ready. Some of it might be ready in 2 years for the stadium but that would be pushing it. All just an opinion from a southside casual watcher. Sure wish yall would hang a lose on those Angels.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #168
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

9 - 1 in the dang 4th. Players look like the walking dead in the dugout. I think "the plan" is going to get a lot of discussion this summer.

The Angels don't even see fit to show off Ohtani. Jeez.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #169
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Pathetic
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #170
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.

I turned the rangers on for the first time this year. I 've heard they were bad. Well 10-1 Angels. With Colon warming up. I thought .....Never mind!
Abcdj is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 09:26 PM   #171
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
It is going to be interesting to watch for sure. I think everyone(except Smart) probably agrees this team is in need of a major overhaul. If JD can fix that in the FA market, my hats off to him. The pieces they do trade wont be for talent that is anywhere near major leage ready. Some of it might be ready in 2 years for the stadium but that would be pushing it. All just an opinion from a southside casual watcher. Sure wish yall would hang a lose on those Angels.

I have my doubts as well, but I believe JD is still a very good GM...just hope the "help" he has lost recently wasn't the real talent.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #172
cookemerkel
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztex View Post
Did you just say Gallo was productive?

Don’t watch baseball much huh? Most guys consider 41 HR and an OPS over .850 productive.

Big sexy just started what will probably be the best double they turn all year lol

Old 04-11-2018, 08:36 PM   #173
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Down 3 -1 in the middle of the 5th. M. Moore throws 94 or so pitches in half a game. Incremental improvement tonight.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #174
zztex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookemerkel View Post
Don’t watch baseball much huh? Most guys consider 41 HR and an OPS over .850 productive.

Big sexy just started what will probably be the best double they turn all year lol

No, I don't watch baseball much🙄 Gallo sucks
zztex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #175
kevin01
Ten Point

Moore has been serviceable tonight but has been the case for most of this year this team has no offense. God forbid anyone on this team could get a hit with runners on.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:54 PM   #176
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Somebody give Bush a beer. Maybe he will pitch better.

And to think he wanted to be a starter. He struggles to get outs in one inning let alone 5-7
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 08:56 PM   #177
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Consecutive stolen bases w/o a throw. WTH? Team don'tgiveashi...

Profar made a sweet play.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 PM   #178
kevin01
Ten Point

This offense is just pathetic. 1 stinking hit.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:39 PM   #179
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin01 View Post
This offense is just pathetic. 1 stinking hit.
They will get hot and give us a little hope.... then go back to ****ting the bed
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #180
kevin01
Ten Point

Rua never took the bat off his shoulder in that strikeout.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:30 PM   #181
Hix
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas- Gregg Co., Cass & Marion Co.

Vomit
Hix is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #182
kevin01
Ten Point

Is that the 5th or 6th time in the last 3 games or so where this team has had the bases loaded and could not get. A hit and I think that made 3 games in a row where they have stranded at least 11 on base. I think you have better chances of winning the lottery than to accomolish this. Great offensive performance guys.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:00 PM   #183
kevin01
Ten Point

Just great, elvis is one of the best hitters this team has and now he looks to have a broken elbow and who knows how long he will be out. Not the best team to start with and this is the 4th guy to go on the dl in a 2 week span.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:26 AM   #184
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Let the good times roll. Rangers should do the right thing and send Beltre' to a decent club asap. Send him for whatever they can get. He deserves better.

When does football practice start?
Old 04-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #185
cookemerkel
Ten Point

This one hurts. Losing Elvis is the straw that breaks the camels back. 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th down 5. Unreal.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #186
rtp
Pope & Young

I hate to hear that about Elvis. He seems like a really good guy and he is a great ball player.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #187
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

That'll do it...

I'm just going to have to get my baseball fix this summer from 8U coach pitch...
Old 04-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #188
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Time to start the rebuild and dismantle with Elvis out 2 months
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #189
ThePumaLives
Four Point

I’m not seeing how the Rangers will be competitive by the start of 2020. Their best guys on the farm are years away and even then they don’t have any guys down there who project out to be even above average players. Will some of those guys pull an Altuve or Keuchel and break all the prospect rankings? Maybe one, but not a whole roster. The Cubs and Astros had very successful rebuilds, but they also have two of the best GMs in the game.

I also don’t see ownership giving the green light for spending many hundreds of millions of dollars in free agency when they can’t fill out the roster with cheap, controllable talent.
ThePumaLives is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #190
ThePumaLives
Four Point

Accidentally posted that without finishing first, but enjoy the rebuild. It’s not as fun as winning, but it’s enjoyable if you’re a baseball fan. I can’t tell you how many times I got great seats at Minute Maid for under $10. If you’ve got kids or enjoy getting autographs yourself, these will be a great few years as a lot of the players are way more apt to interact with the fans when they’re in a rebuild. Besides, you never know when one guy will break out and win an MVP or a Cy Young after being ignored by even the teams own official news writer.
ThePumaLives is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2018, 04:47 PM   #191
cookemerkel
Ten Point

6-8 weeks for Elvis. No surgery. Comes back just in time to see his left side of the infield counterpart traded away..
Old 04-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #192
Horn chaser
Ten Point

With Elvis out 6 to 8 weeks what are the chances they call Calhoun up and let him play his natural position of 2nd base and move Profar to short? Can't be any worse than any other options I have seen.
Horn chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #193
Grayson
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn chaser View Post
With Elvis out 6 to 8 weeks what are the chances they call Calhoun up and let him play his natural position of 2nd base and move Profar to short? Can't be any worse than any other options I have seen.
Probably higher with the offensive problems they're having.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #194
cookemerkel
Ten Point

Willie didnt get the call. Ronald Guzman did. Looks like Gallo is going back to LF and D Rob and Kiner-Falefa will hold down second. Guzman is solid but doesn't have much power.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #195
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Hoping for an Astros sweep

Excited to watch the series
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #196
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Old 04-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #197
jabel
Six Point

Hunt In: Coryell

WOW
jabel is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #198
jer_james
Ten Point

I hate my baseball life right now ...
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #199
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:

Any relevance to the Rangers or posting just because....either way, nice!
Old 04-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #200
clayree
Four Point

Go Rangers!
clayree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top