Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > 3D/Tournament
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
hubbace
Eight Point
 
hubbace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club
Hunt In: Cass Co.
Default Iron cowpatty money shoot april 7th & 8th, 2018 @ cowtown bowmen

It's getting closer. Who has what it takes to be the Iron Cowpatty Champion for 2018? We are hoping that those that are not going to shoot the ASA Proam will show up and shoot with Cowtown. So come on out, even if you are relatively new to archery. This is an excellent way to shoot three different formats, and what's best is you can do it over 2-days. Don't be shy, don't be skeered. Come on out and give it your best try. Who know, you could be the next ONE.

All classes will be cash payout, paying 1 place per 5 shooters, up to 5 places. Then the class winners will face off if the final battle royale, to crown the only true Champion.

Hope to see you there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited by hubbace; 03-21-2018 at 12:23 PM.
hubbace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
beararcher_84
Four Point
 
beararcher_84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mansfield
Hunt In: Lake Whitney
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbace View Post
It's getting closer. Who has what it takes to be the Iron Cowpatty Champion for 2018? We are hoping that those that are not going to shoot the ASA Proam will show up and shoot with Cowtown. So come on out, even if you are relatively new to archery. This is an excellent way to shoot three different formats, and what's best is you can do it over 2-days. Don't be shy, don't be skeered. Come on out and give it your best try. Who know, you could be the next ONE.

All classes will be cash payout, paying 1 place per 5 shooters, up to 5 places. Then the class winners will face off if the final battle royale, to crown the only true Champion.

Hope to see you there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Do u have to be a member to shot?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
beararcher_84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
hubbace
Eight Point
 
hubbace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club
Hunt In: Cass Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beararcher_84 View Post
Do u have to be a member to shot?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No. All of our events at Cowtown are always open to the public.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
hubbace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #4
RJH1
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Abilene
Hunt In: Abilene area
Default

Can you give a little information on the field round? I have never shot one, distances, known/unknown etc. Also will the 3d part be shot to asa rules? I shoot hunter in ASA so that is the class I am mainly asking about :-)
RJH1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
agwrestler
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: LBJ, Grapevine and Lake Meredith Nat. Rec.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH1 View Post
Can you give a little information on the field round? I have never shot one, distances, known/unknown etc. Also will the 3d part be shot to asa rules? I shoot hunter in ASA so that is the class I am mainly asking about :-)

Chuck,

I would be interested in some of these details as well. Same bow/sight for all three portions? It seems like a neat format.
agwrestler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-03-2018, 07:52 AM   #6
VarmintSniper30
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: north texas
Default

What is the 14 round field course exactly
VarmintSniper30 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #7
hubbace
Eight Point
 
hubbace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club
Hunt In: Cass Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintSniper30 View Post
What is the 14 round field course exactly
Typically an outside field round is 28 targets, 4 arrows per backstop. This shot will be only 14, all outdoor, all known yardage.

This is the purpose of this event, to try to get 3d shooters to try out 5 spot and field, field shooters to shoot a field round, etc. And have a great time doing it of course, as that is Cowtown's first order of business.

We hope you come out and give it a try, it is a blast.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
hubbace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #8
hubbace
Eight Point
 
hubbace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club
Hunt In: Cass Co.
Default

Weather update - looks like we may get some overnight rain Friday late, but right now it is showing it all should be gone by start time Saturday. We'll be sure to consider when setting the range so we can avoid any need for mud boots if possible.

How to see y'all out there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
hubbace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com