Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #51
HadenP
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
Was a stressful trip out West due to some ATV and vehicle issues, but after almost 800 miles, back home safe and sound.
I got the CoonHoods installed and was happy with how easy they were to put on and how good the fit was. I have two cameras pointing at them now and should have definitive photographic results after we go back in 70 days to re-fill feeders. Anxious to see how long the CoonHoods extend the feed when it will be going only to deer and not to coons. Another big issue are these massive crows that also dump and consume a LOT of feed. The CoonHoods should work excellent for those as well. Will know in 10 weeks....
So far I am extremely pleased.
Awesome! glad they fit and everything worked out. Cant wait to hear about your success and the money you are saving. Did you happen to take a picture of the hoods on the feeder?
HadenP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #52
coy-ote
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit county

I picked mine up from Haden a couple of weeks ago and am headed to the lease in the morning to get them installed, will post pics when I get back. Just wanna mention when I called and spoke to Haden he didn't have a coon hood for the all season protein feeders we use but quickly designed some put them together and then instead of charging more for shipping he met me close by my house, cant say enough good things, kept me posted through out the whole process, great meeting with you Haden...........Coy
coy-ote is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #53
HadenP
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
I picked mine up from Haden a couple of weeks ago and am headed to the lease in the morning to get them installed, will post pics when I get back. Just wanna mention when I called and spoke to Haden he didn't have a coon hood for the all season protein feeders we use but quickly designed some put them together and then instead of charging more for shipping he met me close by my house, cant say enough good things, kept me posted through out the whole process, great meeting with you Haden...........Coy
Definitely appreciate the support!! Thanks again for giving CoonHoods a chance! Cant wait to see the pics and hear about your success with the hoods!
HadenP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #54
jltkanderson
Spike

Default coonhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
I decided It was worth the investment and I went ahead and bought a set of Coonhoods. Mine should be here in a couple weeks. How did your installation go? I was hoping for pictures. How difficult are they to install?
jltkanderson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #55
coy-ote
Ten Point

The install is real simple and haden kept texting and calling to make sure we didnít have any problems ,ours had the 2 nuts that clamp down over the chutes and they were done. Iíve been telling everyone I know bout them, you will save lots of $$$$ in the long run the way I see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #56
Raypo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

cool idea...
Raypo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #57
Black Gold
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX

We are heading out in two weeks to refill our feeders out West. Will see how the CoonHoods performed on my 1,100 pound protein feeder and should have plenty pics/video of the coons and what happened.

Black Gold is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #58
coy-ote
Ten Point

X2 we may go this weekend if life donít get in the way and I can post some pics if available

Old 04-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #59
jltkanderson
Spike

looking forward to seeing yall's results! I will let you know how mine turn out as well!
jltkanderson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 08:43 AM   #60
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Good thing you camoed them up. Hope the deer can find them...

Cool idea..
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top