Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #51
HadenP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
Was a stressful trip out West due to some ATV and vehicle issues, but after almost 800 miles, back home safe and sound.
I got the CoonHoods installed and was happy with how easy they were to put on and how good the fit was. I have two cameras pointing at them now and should have definitive photographic results after we go back in 70 days to re-fill feeders. Anxious to see how long the CoonHoods extend the feed when it will be going only to deer and not to coons. Another big issue are these massive crows that also dump and consume a LOT of feed. The CoonHoods should work excellent for those as well. Will know in 10 weeks....
So far I am extremely pleased.
Awesome! glad they fit and everything worked out. Cant wait to hear about your success and the money you are saving. Did you happen to take a picture of the hoods on the feeder?
  Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #52
coy-ote
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit county

I picked mine up from Haden a couple of weeks ago and am headed to the lease in the morning to get them installed, will post pics when I get back. Just wanna mention when I called and spoke to Haden he didn't have a coon hood for the all season protein feeders we use but quickly designed some put them together and then instead of charging more for shipping he met me close by my house, cant say enough good things, kept me posted through out the whole process, great meeting with you Haden...........Coy
coy-ote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #53
HadenP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
I picked mine up from Haden a couple of weeks ago and am headed to the lease in the morning to get them installed, will post pics when I get back. Just wanna mention when I called and spoke to Haden he didn't have a coon hood for the all season protein feeders we use but quickly designed some put them together and then instead of charging more for shipping he met me close by my house, cant say enough good things, kept me posted through out the whole process, great meeting with you Haden...........Coy
Definitely appreciate the support!! Thanks again for giving CoonHoods a chance! Cant wait to see the pics and hear about your success with the hoods!
Old 04-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #54
jltkanderson
Spike

Default coonhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
I decided It was worth the investment and I went ahead and bought a set of Coonhoods. Mine should be here in a couple weeks. How did your installation go? I was hoping for pictures. How difficult are they to install?
jltkanderson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #55
coy-ote
Ten Point

The install is real simple and haden kept texting and calling to make sure we didnít have any problems ,ours had the 2 nuts that clamp down over the chutes and they were done. Iíve been telling everyone I know bout them, you will save lots of $$$$ in the long run the way I see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #56
Raypo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

cool idea...
Raypo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #57
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX

We are heading out in two weeks to refill our feeders out West. Will see how the CoonHoods performed on my 1,100 pound protein feeder and should have plenty pics/video of the coons and what happened.

TXBRASS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #58
coy-ote
Ten Point

X2 we may go this weekend if life donít get in the way and I can post some pics if available

Old 04-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #59
jltkanderson
Spike

looking forward to seeing yall's results! I will let you know how mine turn out as well!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:43 AM   #60
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Good thing you camoed them up. Hope the deer can find them...

Cool idea..
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #61
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Headed back from lease now. I wonít be able to Check Game cam pics until morning but initial inspection is that the CoonHoods worked! Above each one, the paint of the feeder was scratched and bit repeatedly. Looks like some frustrated coons wanted to get into the feeder but couldnít. We shall see for sure in the AM, but here is the pic I took today.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #62
jltkanderson
Spike

Cool pics. Mine just came in and I will be making a trip out to the lease soon to put them on!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #63
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Headed back from lease now. I wonít be able to Check Game cam pics until morning but initial inspection is that the CoonHoods worked! Above each one, the paint of the feeder was scratched and bit repeatedly. Looks like some frustrated coons wanted to get into the feeder but couldnít. We shall see for sure in the AM, but here is the pic I took today.

That looks like a real solution to the coon problems... Did you notice any difference in the amount of feed remaining in the feeders as compared to previous feeder fill trips??
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 06:43 AM   #64
Jamesl
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado, New Mexico

Quote:
At 3:45 in the video is where it shows the coons attempting to defeat the CoonHood....
Oh they will find a way. They have all the time in the world to troubleshoot it.
Jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #65
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Just went thru a few thousand pictures from the above feeder and I have to say that I am COMPLETELY SOLD on CoonHoods. The last time I filled the feeder (before installing the CoonHoods) I had the 1,100 pounds of feed last 10-14 days. At that time the pictures would consist of deer eating protein and then the feeder would get taken-over by a herd of coons and the deer would be stand-off'ish. This time it's completely different. Out of over 4,000 pictures, I only have about a dozen with a solo coon climbing the leg and then getting off the feeder. The CoonHoods completely discouraged the coons from even messing with the feeder. The great news is that I have deer surrounding the feeder and having their way with the protein consistently day and night. the feeder had feed for 35 days. After that, a smart doe learned to jump up and slam the CoonHood down with her hoof to shake more feed into the tubes. This is where the scratches come from above the hoods. I feel that my investment in the CoonHoods has already paid for itself as I am more than doubling the time (and probably feed) that my deer are eating. Hopefully this will equal more inches of antler in the long-run.
I am a happy customer.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:52 AM   #66
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Old 05-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #67
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Old 05-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #68
Tmag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Depends on the TPWD draw results!

That deer is funny. Probably taunting the coons.
Tmag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #69
HadenP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesl View Post
Oh they will find a way. They have all the time in the world to troubleshoot it.
coons like any wild animal are going to find the easiest food source ... with coonhoods your protein feeder is no longer the easiest source... so although they might could spend all the time in the world to figure it out ... why would they? Black Golds results show exactly that .

Thanks to BlackGold for making this thread and posting his results!!
Old 05-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #70
TXBRASS
Ten Point

And for the record, I paid full retail price plus shipping for the CoonHoods so this is in no way a ďdealĒ made with the company for a field test or review. I just want to make that clear. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #71
Jamesl
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadenP View Post
coons like any wild animal are going to find the easiest food source ... with coonhoods your protein feeder is no longer the easiest source... so although they might could spend all the time in the world to figure it out ... why would they? Black Golds results show exactly that .

Thanks to BlackGold for making this thread and posting his results!!
That comment was just directed at years and years of dealing with coons and their craftiness. I am just now seeing this thread. I did not know that these existed. I think your product is the new "mouse trap" and a "why didn't I think of that" type product for coon/feed issues. I don't think coons will figure this one out. Unless they start jamming sticks in them. LOL.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #72
Jamesl
Ten Point

Quote:
And for the record, I paid full retail price plus shipping for the CoonHoods so this is in no way a ďdealĒ made with the company for a field test or review. I just want to make that clear. Thanks.

Well I just tallied up 36 spouts that could use these on our place. I would go for a bulk "deal".
Old 05-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #73
Gclyde28
Six Point

Dang, addition of the coon hoods more than doubled the length that your feed lasted. That's impressive in itself and proves that these should pay for themselves pretty quickly.
Gclyde28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #74
HadenP

Quote:
Well I just tallied up 36 spouts that could use these on our place. I would go for a bulk "deal".
You are right! Coons are shockingly crafty! It's amazing some of the things I have seen them do!! I do offer qty discounts when purchasing For multiple feeders. Email me or contact me through the site and we will see what kind of "deal" we can make haha
Old 05-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #75
Jamesl
Ten Point

Quote:
You are right! Coons are shockingly crafty! It's amazing some of the things I have seen them do!! I do offer qty discounts when purchasing For multiple feeders. Email me or contact me through the site and we will see what kind of "deal" we can make haha
Email sent
Old 05-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #76
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Quote:
Email sent

Old 05-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #77
RMW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Down South

I use to kill 40-50 coons per year by poisoning, trapping and whatever else at my feeder location and got tired of it. I bought the coonhoods about 10 months ago and couldnít be happier! Itís amazing that i hardly ever get coons on camera anymore. At first they were trying their hardest to get to the feed for about a month then they completely just gave up. Crazy how good these things work!
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #78
HadenP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW View Post
I use to kill 40-50 coons per year by poisoning, trapping and whatever else at my feeder location and got tired of it. I bought the coonhoods about 10 months ago and couldnít be happier! Itís amazing that i hardly ever get coons on camera anymore. At first they were trying their hardest to get to the feed for about a month then they completely just gave up. Crazy how good these things work!

RMW thanks again for sharing your experience. genuine review like this speak so much to the credibility of a product than I could ever get across from running adds. Thanks to you and BlackGold for taking the time to share with the rest of TBH!
Old 05-11-2018, 10:01 PM   #79
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Quote:
RMW thanks again for sharing your experience. genuine review like this speak so much to the credibility of a product than I could ever get across from running adds. Thanks to you and BlackGold for taking the time to share with the rest of TBH!

Just putting out the truth about products that work. Iím sick of add dollars determining which products get the spotlight. Products that work get my attention plain and simple.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #80
COONHOOD
Four Point

Looking forward to your next installment on this review. Still getting customers telling me they decided to contact me after seeing this thread.. thanks again!
COONHOOD is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 07:22 PM   #81
TXBRASS
Ten Point

We had to postpone our feeder fill but are scheduled to go back out west in Aug 23rd. Anxious to see what the cameras show.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #82
12ring
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, OK, KS.
Default Boss Buck

I'm pretty sure I need some of these......

Can they be put on a Boss Buck ?

Name:  20180805_230556.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  41.2 KB
12ring is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #83
COONHOOD
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ring View Post
I'm pretty sure I need some of these......

Can they be put on a Boss Buck ?

Attachment 918969

Yessir. We have a model that fits the boss buck 3 and 4 way models. Shoot me an email text or pm hpopnoe@coonhood.com 8067599206
Old 08-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #84
12ring
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, OK, KS.

I called y'all a bit ago. Thanks.
12ring is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 02:50 PM   #85
HDWRENCH
Eight Point

I have video on one trying all four sides of my feeder to reach it . I do not feed protein yet but plan to next year .
HDWRENCH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #86
COONHOOD
Four Point

Yea they can cost you more than you might think, you guys that feed protein year round can estimate $200 per coon per year to feed them. That’s just what they eat..not counting what they can throw out on the ground because they like to make you mad. There is no limit to what they can actually cost you. Contact me. you won’t be sorry.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #87
TXBRASS
Ten Point

My hat is off to CoonHoods! Just back from filling feeders out west and over 5,000 pictures and not ONE of a coon eating from my feeder. Problem solved and best investment I've made to make sure my deer feed is actually going to the deer.
Thanks for a GREAT PRODUCT!!!
Old 08-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #88
COONHOOD
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBRASS View Post
My hat is off to CoonHoods! Just back from filling feeders out west and over 5,000 pictures and not ONE of a coon eating from my feeder. Problem solved and best investment I've made to make sure my deer feed is actually going to the deer.
Thanks for a GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Awesome! Glad to hear of your continued success with the CoonHoods! Really appreciate you taking he time to share your thoughts on the product!
Old 08-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #89
TXBRASS
Ten Point

I was hoping to post pics of the coons being defeated but they totally gave up!!!

Old 08-24-2018, 07:06 PM   #90
COONHOOD
Four Point

Yea that’s been the typical report.. they fight with it a few weeks then give up totally. Let your neighbors know you appreciate them feeding your coons for you and to contact me when there ready to get rid of them!! Lol
Old 08-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #91
COONHOOD
Four Point

How long did your protein last this go round?
Old 09-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #92
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by COONHOOD View Post
How long did your protein last this go round?

Didnít count days, but much longer and absolutely nothing ate it but deer. Really nice having the peace of mind that the money Iím spending on deer feed is actually going to the deer and not to coons. Thanks for a great product!!!

Old 09-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #93
RMW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Down South

Quote:
Didnít count days, but much longer and absolutely nothing ate it but deer. Really nice having the peace of mind that the money Iím spending on deer feed is actually going to the deer and not to coons. Thanks for a great product!!!

My coons reacted a little different than yours did. When I put my coonhoods on last Aug/Sep I had coons every night for about a month, hours at a time trying to defeat the hoods. This year I think I've had 1 picture of a coon pulling the hood down and he was gone 5 min later, really an unbelievable product that actually works. Thanks again Haden!!
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #94
huntinag96
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hamilton Co./Henderson Co./Navarro Co.

Is there a design for Krivoman spouts? If so, I’m a buyer!
huntinag96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 06:45 PM   #95
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinag96 View Post
Is there a design for Krivoman spouts? If so, Iím a buyer!

I know Haden can do any design as he custom made mine to fit my homemade protein feeder.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #96
COONHOOD
Four Point

Quote:
I know Haden can do any design as he custom made mine to fit my homemade protein feeder.

Hey guys I think I can get one designed but Iím having problems getting theneeded measurements from any one for the Krivoman. If someone is interested in getting them for
Me shoot me an email.

Also RMW thanks again for the support!!