Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double draw

After years years of....pfft...okokokok

My son got drawn for youth hunt Sommerville (bucks and bkinds)
    We also got drawn for doe hunt at Bastrop (compartment hunt)

We want the youth hunt. Do we just NOT CLAIM the Bastrop permit and let it go to 2nd draw. Do i loose my 5 preferrence points.

THANK AHEAD!!

Are they at the same time??? If not you can do both

Comment

Thanks for asking...sorry.

SAME WEEKEND

Comment

Bastrop had 15 permits for this hunt date. We drew 4. We don't pay, they go back into the "2nd Draw" bucket. Some lucky soul get e-mail the him and his kids got a 2nd drawn winning.

I'm hoping we pay it forward putting 4 tickets back in. Next year..better odds. PLUS, the Sommerville Youth Hunt is absolutely PREMIUM. With Blinds, and facilities to make sure the kids have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
          Bastrop had 15 permits for this hunt date. We drew 4. We don't pay, they go back into the "2nd Draw" bucket. Some lucky soul get e-mail the him and his kids got a 2nd drawn winning.

I'm hoping we pay it forward putting 4 tickets back in. Next year..better odds. PLUS, the Sommerville Youth Hunt is absolutely PREMIUM. With Blinds, and facilities to make sure the kids have a great time.
          You drew one permit. A permit is a card, meaning you drew 1 card of 15, assuming it's still done like it used to be which I don't think changed.

You've really got to pic which you'd rather do then based on what you think the probability of success and what not is. Where you'd rather hunt, what might come out. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
            You drew one permit. A permit is a card, meaning you drew 1 card of 15, assuming it's still done like it used to be which I don't think changed.

You've really got to pic which you'd rather do then based on what you think the probability of success and what not is. Where you'd rather hunt, what might come out. Good luck!
            I think your wrong on that if there is one spot left and you have 2 people on your card it is my understanding that you dont have a chance of being drawn...meaning there are 15 people that can hunt not that they will draw 15 cards with 4 people on each card.but ive been wrong before

I was also told once your drawn you lose your points wether you go or not but it may be worth a call to tpwd. To get the right answers.

Comment

Double draw

Yes, hunting at Sommerville is PREMIUM! I've been on two archery and one gun hunt there. One year, there were three on our card. Of the eleven deer taken with bows that year, the three of us took 9. Lol. Only time I've taken two in one morning! Great fun! Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                I think your wrong on that if there is one spot left and you have 2 people on your card it is my understanding that you dont have a chance of being drawn...meaning there are 15 people that can hunt not that they will draw 15 cards with 4 people on each card.but ive been wrong before

I was also told once your drawn you lose your points wether you go or not but it may be worth a call to tpwd. To get the right answers.
                Last hunt I was on was 3-4 years ago. 20 permits, 2 weeks. 10 sections in our hunt, about 25 guys hunting. In the past, it was 10 cards were drawn for the hunt. You could have 40 hunters, or 10 hunters, or anywhere in between, and it was up to your group to share your section. Now on by assigned blind hunts, I don't know how they worked.
                Same for the Big Bend hunt I went on the same year. I think it was 6 permits, and there were about 8-10 youth there.
                Completely possible that's changed, but I can't see why it would, except at BAB hunts.

Also, I was under the opposite impression there, but I don't have nearly as much experience there

Good luck no matter what you choose!

Comment

After years years of....pfft...okokokok

My son got drawn for youth hunt Sommerville (bucks and bkinds)
                  We also got drawn for doe hunt at Bastrop (compartment hunt)

We want the youth hunt. Do we just NOT CLAIM the Bastrop permit and let it go to 2nd draw. Do i loose my 5 preferrence points.

THANK AHEAD!!
                  If your not going to go don't claim it let someone else get the chance to go on the 2nd draw. if you claim it those spots are locked up and no one gets them.

Yes you loose the points price to pay on this new system being able to enter as many as you want alot of dates over lap and people are being drawn on the same dates and you loose your points.
                  Last edited by STXBOWHUNTER73; 10-02-2014, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
                    If your not going to go don't claim it let someone else get the chance to go on the 2nd draw. if you claim it those spots are locked up and no one gets them.

Yes you loose the points price to pay on this new system being able to enter as many as you want alot of dates over lap and people are being drawn on the same dates and you loose your points.
                    This^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post

Yes... we fully intend to let the permits go abck into the system so that a second chance hunter can get them.

Comment

Yes... we fully intend to let the permits go abck into the system so that a second chance hunter can get them.

It sucks that you loose all those points!

Comment

Working...
                        X