Need help.... Hospital bed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help.... Hospital bed....

I am in need of locating a hospital bed for my father. He is in the final stages of stage 4 cancer. He is retired military with great insurance but they and Medicare are saying its a month before they can get one.

What's the best to get my hands on one???

Your suggestions and help would be appreciated!

Thanks - Bill

you need to get in touch with hospice...you're in the Houston area...I lost my mom a year ago (cancer) hospice provides it. i'll text my dad the hospice company we used...they were WONDERFUL.

I'm so sorry about your father. please PM if you ever need to chat.

Chris

Comment

Prayers sent for you, your dad and your family...

Comment

i aint got a bed, but if i can do anything else, just holler. more prayers sent.

Comment

Thanks. At this stage Dad does not want hospice so we are going to do all that we can to try and honor his wishes. I am gonna call the phone off the hook tomorrow and locate one.

Thinkin the GS can guide me where to start my search.

Prayers are much appreciated!!!!

Comment

There was some for free in the classifieds a few days ago. I think they were in the Dallas area. Sorry to hear about your Dad Billy.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              There was some for free in the classifieds a few days ago. I think they were in the Dallas area. Sorry to hear about your Dad Billy.

Thanks Bob, I never thought of lookin there.

I am just soo thankful that he has lived with my wife and I for the last 12 years since Mom passed.

Treasured times I tell ya!

Comment

Craigslist

Comment

I have one you can have.

Shoot me a pm.

Comment

Bill, I'm not sure you know this or not but I learned this this year before my wife passed away from cancer. Hospice does not mean he has to go to their center. Hospice helps people for up to 5 years in the patients home. they help with nurses if needed, supplie such as hospital beds and many many other thing. If you want to talk about hospice PM me and I will give you my number and we can talk and I can tell you a lot of info on hospice. God Bless brother, Joe Sharp

Comment

Do a search in around the campfire for medical supplies I will try to find the post get with Brian and see what he can do. If need I might be able to help get it to you.

Prayers for your family through this is hard.

Comment

I had one in the classifieds last week. And i get 1or 2 a year but dont have any right now.

Chris is right. Hospice will provide one. Hospice does not mean that a promotion is imminent. I have had people on hospice for several years. May be worth a call or brief meeting. If for nothing else than to have an idea about it for when yall are ready.

Comment

Get him to start telling stories of his life and record them Billy. I so wish I had done that with my Mom and Dad.

Comment

We have spoken with hospice and unless Dad is willing to forgo trying to seek treatmnt they are saying they can't help. I am gonna call them tomorrow and see what they say.

I appreciate y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by black42 View Post
                              I have one you can have.

Shoot me a pm.

PM sent....

Comment

Working...
                              X