close call with the pigs Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

close call with the pigs Saturday!

Went out to Granger Saturday Evening with a buddy, and ended up havin' to stand up against a big pecan for about 45 minutes to prevent myself from being drenched..... after the rains let up, it was perfect; the hogs were moving and we heard some pigs about 75 yards away making some racket. we stalked up and came upon a group of nearly 15 hogs, various sizes. one sow was in heat and the boars were hot on her tail. they came out at 28 yards, but with the boars mounting the sow I couldn't barely pull my bow back because I was laughing so hard! they ended up moving into some thicker cover and I never got a shot off. They ain't spooked so I will be back out there after em pretty soon. Might even have to join in on the Granger Ranger Hunt

i just signed up today,sounds like a cool deal hope you can make it,i was at granger saterday too but we left before the storm,saw quite a few hogs,man alot of babys i think there is gonna be a huge population now

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryBowHunter View Post
      Went out to Granger Saturday Evening with a buddy, and ended up havin' to stand up against a big pecan for about 45 minutes to prevent myself from being drenched..... after the rains let up, it was perfect; the hogs were moving and we heard some pigs about 75 yards away making some racket. we stalked up and came upon a group of nearly 15 hogs, various sizes. one sow was in heat and the boars were hot on her tail. they came out at 28 yards, but with the boars mounting the sow I couldn't barely pull my bow back because I was laughing so hard! they ended up moving into some thicker cover and I never got a shot off. They ain't spooked so I will be back out there after em pretty soon. Might even have to join in on the Granger Ranger Hunt
      Was the Sow in heat Big and Blonde?

Comment

she was big and red

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
          i just signed up today,sounds like a cool deal hope you can make it,i was at granger saterday too but we left before the storm,saw quite a few hogs,man alot of babys i think there is gonna be a huge population now
          Where were you huntin Saturday? I may have talked to you as you were heading out

Comment

she was big and red
            Cool, the one i've been chasing is blonde, almost albino. My Buddy was hunting saturday and meet two guys he talked to.... he said one guy was a big guy older and the other younger and clean cut. Maybe you talked to him? Older gentleman, geotee, carrying a Bowtech. he was heading out from the woods before the rain storm.

Comment

my son and i hunted all over,we didnt see any hunters until we were leaving

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                Cool, the one i've been chasing is blonde, almost albino. My Buddy was hunting saturday and meet two guys he talked to.... he said one guy was a big guy older and the other younger and clean cut. Maybe you talked to him? Older gentleman, geotee, carrying a Bowtech. he was heading out from the woods before the rain storm.
                yes my buddy and i spoke to him when he was heading out...

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                  i did see the blonde sow you were talking about though. definately some fat healthy lookin pigs

Comment

i did see the blonde sow you were talking about though. definately some fat healthy lookin pigs
                    Yea Ive been chasing her for awhile.... Im hoping to get her soon to hang her head on my wall. I won't be out much longer because I hate snakes and they are starting to show thier ugly faces with the warm weather.

Comment

Working...
                    X