No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet he will be excited when it gets here.

You'll have the whole tribe out there soon.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

B2 parking area has been bulldozed smothe and trees cut back for mire parking now.

Comment

TG you wanted some rain lets hope it dosent flood again and ruin the campgrounds.

Comment

4 or 5 foot above normal won't hurt the campgrounds at all. But I don't want any more than that.

Comment

Good news! The W lake has come up a few inches. Where as the A lake has come up 1.13 feet in the last 24 hours. But both are still below normal.

Somerville, Granger, and Grandbury are the only ACE prjects at or slightly above normal in the Brazos Valley basin.

Comment

The Nolan in Blum is also up several feet, so the water is flowing to Whitney!

Comment

Razorback, I may have to take a trip up the Nolan to the bluffs to see if the sandies are in there then. Course, any of the feeder creeks on the lake that have running water, will have sandies in them.

Comment

I couldn't begin to guess where they are, cold, warm, dry, rain, no tellin.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    I couldn't begin to guess where they are, cold, warm, dry, rain, no tellin.
                    I would guess that they are in the water.

Comment

A lake is 1.46 feet above normal. It's come up over 2.11 feet in the last 24 hours as of this posting.

W lake is doing better. But still 3.47 feet below normal. It's come up a foot since the rain started.

Comment

I got 4.75 inches so far. At the house.

Comment

Looks like a dry weekend coming up after Tuesday. I may force myself to go fishing.

Comment

Looking like Sunday may be a day to get the boat out. Wonder how the fishing will be right after all this rain.

Comment

Lotta projects on the Brazos River Valley still lacking a lot of rain. Still well below the norm. The Trinity River valley and Red River valley projects are doing very well. Brazos, Guadalupe, and Colorado river systems still need a lot more rain to become healthy again.

Comment

The sun just came out! ( )

Comment

Working...
                                X