Elusive Wildlife vs Sniper Hog Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elusive Wildlife vs Sniper Hog Light

I've been trying to do some research for a bow light for hog hunting. There are lots of options out there, including DIY, etc. I personally am looking for a light that rates up there in quality like the SureFire G2X/6PX series. The Elusive Wildlife and Sniper Hog Light "seem" to fit the mold when looking online, (price point, white light lumens, etc.) but I am wondering out of the two, which one is actually closer, or are they pretty much the same?

To give you a frame of reference, if SureFire made a bow light, I'd buy it.... (not a stab at these two, but I own SureFire's and I really like the quality/functionality of them.)

I love my sniper hawg light mini sniper. Hasn't failed me yet. Never looked at Elusive.

Comment

I have the EWL light for my bow and for my rifle. Love them both! Must say I have not tried the hawg light though.

Comment

I am a BIG fan of my Elusive Wildlife bow light.

Comment

After researching both I chose the EW bowlight. I bought the complete package and felt like the EW offered more for the money.

Comment

Look into Bowlite Hunting Lights

Comment

My buddy has a Hawg Lite....it's nice, but I bet the Elusive wildlife light is a little better.

That and they sponsor Pigman now!

Comment

I think they are the same light, just different names on them.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  My buddy has a Hawg Lite....it's nice, but I bet the Elusive wildlife light is a little better.

That and they sponsor Pigman now!
                  I own both sniper hog lights and exclusive wildlife technologies... Lets just say the hog light has not been touched since I bought the Ewt light.
                  They ARE THE BEST HOG LIGHTS OUT THERE FORSURE!!!!

On a side note I recommend the kit (3 colors in one light) it is so worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                    I think they are the same light, just different names on them.
                    Not the same light... Not even close if you look at both closely.. Ewt is way better of a light - followed with great C.S

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                      I own both sniper hog lights and exclusive wildlife technologies... Lets just say the hog light has not been touched since I bought the Ewt light.
                      They ARE THE BEST HOG LIGHTS OUT THERE FORSURE!!!!

On a side note I recommend the kit (3 colors in one light) it is so worth it.
                      I noticed with EW, they only have Green/Red/White (no blue.) Can I ask why having a white light would be of any use on the end of the bow? Are there game that wouldn't be spooked by white light?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        I noticed with EW, they only have Green/Red/White (no blue.) Can I ask why having a white light would be of any use on the end of the bow? Are there game that wouldn't be spooked by white light?
                        Works great for bowfishing and trailing deer... The kit comes with a flashlight tail cap ... When I go into the woods I take the green light on my bow and the extra led / tailcap and track with the same light after the shot...

As far as blue goes- they do have it, but you gotta request it and you might have to pay extra for it the last time I checked. Give them a call to be sure about that though

Comment

EWT light, iv had 2 I cant remember the other ones brand but theres no comparison. Get a EWT youl be glad you did

Comment

Works great for bowfishing
                            I didn't think about bowfishing. Would be worth it just in case I decided to give that a try down the road.

and trailing deer... The kit comes with a flashlight tail cap ... When I go into the woods I take the green light on my bow and the extra led / tailcap and track with the same light after the shot...
                            That is what I thought folks might like the the white LED for, but I would probably keep my SureFire in my pocket for that task.

Comment

I know everyone says to go with red bc the animals can't see it, but i'm leaning toward green or blue, what color do you recommend if you had to go with just one?

Other than that, on the EWT every light they have listed on the "bowmounted light" page is an "XLR100" but in the pictures the actual light looks drastically different sometimes and they all say 180-200 lumens unless it's the white then it says 300 lumens...

Do I need the charger or will plain jane walmart lithium batteries work?

Does anyone really use the high AND low beam switch or will high beam be the best route?

Thanks in advance for opinions and advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X