Will a heavier arrow fix my problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    What is the diameter of the actual pins in your sight? Might try a smaller size fiber and see if that will allow some gap. That is the problem with higher speeds and multiple pins. You are building a wall of different color pins and can't see through them IMO.
    This was my question too. I have two bows one shoots at 296 fps, and the other is 304 fps I don't have any problem using .019 pins with the stack on either. If you are using .029 pins that may be the problem

Comment

I shoot a heli-m and your getting amazing speed, I'm barely at 270 fps with 64lbs and 28"

so all the options are above.

1. change nothing except the gaps on the arrow. 20,35,45,55,65
      2. go to a smaller pin but that requires a new sight or new pins, if your shooting a .29 any distance past 35 yards for me it simply blots out anyway
      3. Make changes to the bow set up, add weight to arrow, reduce pull weight and so on

for me option 1 costs you nothing

Comment

If the 30 yard pin under the 20 is too close, set your second pin at 40 yards. If the target is 30 yards, split the pins above and below the aim point. I hate to be Mr. Obvious if I'm missing something.

I would never change arrows, etc. to compensate for a sight.

Comment

Working...
        X