Has anyone skinned a deer blind with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone skinned a deer blind with...

The sheet metal you can get in roll form? Basically unbent roofing metal? You can get it in up to 21' lengths and 41" wide.

Man what an oven that would be in the early season, and ice box in the late season! I prefer cheap ole OSB a and paint.

Comment

Not rolled, but mine is covered in r-panel.

Comment

You would have to insulate it so you don't cook like the proverbial frog in a pot of water.

Comment

Just put over the OSB ... guess you going for the reflection camo / ghost blind look not weight reduction?

Attached Files

Comment

I've got several that my son built me that are. We put paint grip on them instead of galvanized we could paint them. They are insulated to stay warm when it's cold.

Comment

On insulation part you can have them spray foam insulated. I was just wondering how the material worked out on the frame.

Comment

sitting in an oven is my 1st thought

Comment

Go ask your local lumber yard if you can buy their damaged roofing shingles.
                  I bet you can buy enough for a blind for less than 50-60 bucks

Comment

That's how I'm doing mine. Going to deck and then cover the ply with flat metal. I'm very good friends with the largest metal company in the southern US... going to have the corners bent to fit. And I can get it any length imaginable, some coils are shipped by train they are so big

Comment

My old boss bought a break and built his out of heavy sheet metal. I bet those suckers are still in use...well built. I never asked him if they're hot tho

Comment

I built two back in 1998 that we wrapped in flat sheet. It was already painted. We didn't add any insulation. No hotter than any other blinds I've hunted out of in October. Just open up all the windows. At least one of them is still in use.

Comment

I am not thinking straight. my first thought was why would anyone want to skin a deer blind? Wouldn't they just be asking for a disaster? I mean...is that the deer jimmy? whoops, never mind help me find my finger!

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                            I am not thinking straight. my first thought was why would anyone want to skin a deer blind? Wouldn't they just be asking for a disaster? I mean...is that the deer jimmy? whoops, never mind help me find my finger!
                            I read the title the same way!

Comment

Yes I have. Best blind I've ever had. My son does metal roofs, shops, houses etc. He bent the corners and roof cap, trimmed the corners as well. Put some deerview windows and door on it. Built on a pipe frame skid. I put osb inside and used regular roll insulation in walls and top. Very cozy in the cold. Never noticed a heat problem in early season, no more than any other blind. It should last my lifetime, never have to paint it or replace ladder or frame, all metal.

Comment

Working...
                              X