Used Utility Poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Utility Poles

I am looking for some used utility pools. I need something to span a creek that's at my deer lease. It just has to hold foot trafic and the occasional 4 wheeler.

Anyone have any idea's I need something thta's about 24' long.

Thanks

Check with your local electric company. When i was building my fence for my horse pasture i went to my local electric company and asked it they had some used poles. They let me have what i wanted and after 4 trailer loads of poles, i had enough for my fences. Just because they are used doesn't mean they are rotten. I used some that the outside (maybe 1/4") looked bad but when i started cutting it with my chainsaw i could teel it was anything but rotten.

Comment

where are you located i may be able to help

Comment

There was another guy selling some on here.

Comment

Oops, too late, looks like his are sold.

Comment

i have a couple that i know of. the utility company replaced some poles on our place a few years back and left the old ones laying. i would say they are about 35ft. i promise the price is right just dont know how far apart we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigSticker View Post
              where are you located i may be able to help
              I live in the houston area. Need to get the poles to the Toledo Bend area, Around Hemphill

Comment

Best thing for a foot/4wheeler bridge are the guardrails off a bridge, put two down the width of the tires of your wheeler. Works great

Comment

I just hope you have good access to where the need to go. The weight on a Utility Pole around 24 feet long is VERY heavy! We have a few that are cut down to approx 14 feet, and to move them around is a big chore! Good luck

Comment

I have good access where I am at so that's not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom II View Post
                      Check with your local electric company. When i was building my fence for my horse pasture i went to my local electric company and asked it they had some used poles. They let me have what i wanted and after 4 trailer loads of poles, i had enough for my fences. Just because they are used doesn't mean they are rotten. I used some that the outside (maybe 1/4") looked bad but when i started cutting it with my chainsaw i could teel it was anything but rotten.
                      x2 alot of times if they are doing a reconducter they will pull the old ones and leave them laying until the end of the job if you ask they will give them to you also get the forman to the side and a case or two of beer he might cut and load them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                        Best thing for a foot/4wheeler bridge are the guardrails off a bridge, put two down the width of the tires of your wheeler. Works great
                        Have a leed on any? Shoot me a PM.

Comment

the local electric coop will usually give you their used ones

Comment

Working...
                          X