Live Montana Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Montana Elk Hunt

I can't wait any longer to start this thread, I'm flying out tomorrow to hunt with my buddy Forrest with Montana Trophy Outfitters for 10 days. We will be hunting 126,000 acres and we will be the only two on the ranch. I don't think I would be able to afford this but he cut me a killer deal for booking 3 years in a row.

There is a house on the ranch with running water so it won't exactly be roughing it, and I'm packing a little heavy this trip. We are planning on spending the night on the mountain if necessary. I've also got an Antelope tag in hand. Should be a great 10 days!!

tagged. Good luck!

Comment

Before I got everything packed away

Weather for next week

Comment

Wow, looks amazing, good luck!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

So sorry that you will have to stay in such squalor prior to your departure to the entire 126000 acre place. Good luck.

Comment

Good luck my buddy got drawn for a hunt in Montana left yesterday as well! following!

Comment

Good Luck, beautiful place

Comment

Live Montana Elk Hunt

Originally posted by roostar14 View Post
                Good luck my buddy got drawn for a hunt in Montana left yesterday as well! following!

This will be my second trip up there, I hated to leave after the first go round.

Comment

Awesome! Is this guided, DYI on private? Cost?

Will be going up to Colorado for my first hunt and can't wait to get up in the mountains... Best of luck and in for the bloody arrow pics...

Comment

Man oh man looks like an epic trip in the making.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck Jaker

Comment

Live Montana Elk Hunt

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Awesome! Is this guided, DYI on private? Cost?

Will be going up to Colorado for my first hunt and can't wait to get up in the mountains... Best of luck and in for the bloody arrow pics...

Little back story. My friend Forrest was a guide in training for an outfit I used 6 years ago. He broke off shortly after and started his own outfit and has been very successful. We stayed in touch after that first trip and have fished together quite a bit, but haven't hunted together since that trip. He cut me this deal and I jumped on it for the next 3 years. So technically it's "guided" but really it's just two buddies hunting together on the land he has leased. If we tag out we plan to do a lot of looking and trying to get the rest of his season lined up.
                          Last edited by jaker_cc; 08-30-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Tuned in.....good luck!

And make the best out of your stay in that podunk thing they call a house!

Comment

Man, they could of gotten a nicer lodge.... Jk!! That looks amazing. Good luck on the hunt!! I'll be tuned in.

Comment

Working...
                              X