Lease question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease question.

I’m looking at purchasing 80 acres with a cabin in uvalde. There isn’t water or electricity at the cabin, but it’s still a nice place. It has feeders and blinds in place as well. I personally have no desire to hunt or keep the place up. So the question is, if I was going to lease the place out for year round access what could I realistically ask for the place as a hunting lease?

Put me first in line for it! It would depend on what game can be hunted. What all is out there in huntable numbers?

Comment

Not wanting to hunt it is one thing, but if you don't even want to keep the place up then why are you buying it? I'd be willing to keep it up in exchange for hunting rights. Depending on what's out there to hunt. 80 is pretty small for a hunting lease. It all depends on what's around your place.

Comment

$3K

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Not wanting to hunt it is one thing, but if you don't even want to keep the place up then why are you buying it? I'd be willing to keep it up in exchange for hunting rights. Depending on what's out there to hunt. 80 is pretty small for a hunting lease. It all depends on what's around your place.
          I already have two deer leases and don’t have the time for another one. So keeping the place up means feeders filled and roads cleared of brush. The things that are expected from a lessor.

Comment

where is it?

Comment

Are you going to put a tractor on the place? I would be very interested but I'm way too far to be dragging a tractor several times per year. I would be willing to to provide water catches for wildlife, corn feeders and keep them full, I don't do protein do some improvements and maintenance on the cabin fencing and so on.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

where at in uvalde

Comment

It’s a little north west of uvalde.

Comment

No electricity or water. 1 hunter...less than $2,000.

-john

Comment

Will a person have unrestricted, year round access? Or will you be using the place some as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                          Will a person have unrestricted, year round access? Or will you be using the place some as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          It would set it up as year round access. I’ll probably go a few times a year to check on the place though.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                            PM sent

Comment

I know a guy leasing 100ac for $1k in the Uvalde area. I dont know the quality of the hunting but he seems pleased with it. For just any Joe bob I would ask at very least $1500, for a good guy that you know you wont have to deal with and will do whats right and take care of stuff,$1k sounds good to me. But then again, it isnt my land....

Comment

Working...
                              X