Youth Baseball Bat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6-8 yr old Little league, machine pitch....son's 8. Knucklehead was hitting rocks with his bat and dented it.....got rejected by officials last game and I have to buy a new one. Want to get a good bat....spec's looking for are BBCORE, -12, 28", 16 0z......any suggestions?

I could go to the store and just buy one "again" but they have so many and I'm not to savy on the new bats for this age group.

Thanks guys.

My suggestion, Combat Maxum composite. -12 26/14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chad C; 04-25-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Louisville Slugger Omaha.

Comment

BBCOR is only a standard in high school / college baseball.

If you want a -12 big barrel you are going to have to go composite. The LS Omaha is a great option but it's a -10. DeMarini CF8 -11 is a good option if you can swing 2 3/4" barrel.

Check your local League rules for barrel size before you buy.
        Last edited by Heath; 04-25-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          BBCOR is only a standard in high school / college baseball.

If you want a -12 big barrel you are going to have to go composite. The LS Omaha is a great option but it's a -10. DeMarini CF8 -11 sales really well.

Check your local League rules for barrel size before you buy.
          Ok now I'm really confused.....does little league not use BBCORE? His other bat said BBCORE on it.

I did check the rules and all it said was BBCORE, -12, 2 1/4"

Where do you suggest buying the LS OMAHA?

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
            Ok now I'm really confused.....does little league not use BBCORE? His other bat said BBCORE on it.

I did check the rules and all it said was BBCORE, -12, 2 1/4"

Where do you suggest buying the LS OMAHA?

Only for Big / Senior League. I think the Juniors have to be BBCOR if you want use a composite barrel.

Majors which is like 12 and down use the 1.5 BPF LL stamp and only can be 2 1/4" barrel if playing by Little League rules.

I don't have much LL in my territory but I'm pretty sure on the rules unless a local rule over rules the LL.

Comment

Only for Big / Senior League. I think the Juniors have to be BBCOR if you want use a composite barrel.

Majors which is like 12 and down use the 1.5 BPF LL stamp and only can be 2 1/4" barrel if playing by Little League rules.

I don't have much LL in my territory but I'm pretty sure on the rules unless a local rule over rules the LL.
              Argh......thanks Heath, I was hoping you would respond. The bat doesn't say BBCORE.....it says 1.5 BPF. I had BBCORE on my mind.....I know I know....Aggie!!

With that little tidbit....would that LS Omaha still be a good choice?

Thanks for the help guys!!

Comment

Argh......thanks Heath, I was hoping you would respond. The bat doesn't say BBCORE.....it says 1.5 BPF. I had BBCORE on my mind.....I know I know....Aggie!!

With that little tidbit....would that LS Omaha still be a good choice?

Thanks for the help guys!!

What size barrel? If you are looking for a -12 2 1/4" barrel, I would go Prime 916. The Omaha in 2 1/4" barrel is a -13 and a good bat, but through my demos the younger kids like the Prime more.

Comment

What size barrel? If you are looking for a -12 2 1/4" barrel, I would go Prime 916. The Omaha in 2 1/4" barrel is a -13 and a good bat, but through my demos the younger kids like the Prime more.
                  yes....-12 2 1/4"....Prime 916 it is. Now to find one.

Thank you!!

Comment

6-8 yr old Little league, machine pitch....son's 8. Knucklehead was hitting rocks with his bat and dented it.....got rejected by officials last game and I have to buy a new one. Want to get a good bat....spec's looking for are BBCORE, -12, 28", 16 0z......any suggestions?

I could go to the store and just buy one "again" but they have so many and I'm not to savy on the new bats for this age group.

Thanks guys.

Ask Dewayne....he's a baseball savant..

Comment

Marucci makes a good kids stick!

Comment

Contact Tyler Athletics in Tyler, TX. They have a ton of 2 1/4 bats on sale. Reason is most all leagues around here have opened rules up to allow for the 2 5/8 and 2 3/4 bats so no one is really moving the 2 1/4 bats.

dp

Comment

Originally posted by dpatterson1976 View Post
                          Contact Tyler Athletics in Tyler, TX. They have a ton of 2 1/4 bats on sale. Reason is most all leagues around here have opened rules up to allow for the 2 5/8 and 2 3/4 bats so no one is really moving the 2 1/4 bats.

dp
                          They are good people too.

Comment

CHEAPBATS.COM : Search Results - Apparel,Batting Gloves,Bags,Baseball Hats,Catchers Gear,Training Aids,Ice Therapy,Footwear,Protective,CLOSEOUT EQUIPMENT,Blemished Bats,Umpire Equipment,Training and Field,Baseball Bats,Softball Bats,Gloves,Balls,Accessories,Bats,Adult Baseball Bats,Senior League Bats,Apparel,Baseballs,Batting Gloves,Equipment Bags,Fastpitch Bats,Baseball Gloves,Pro Fitted Hats,Catchers Gear,Slowpitch Bats,Wood Baseball Bats,Youth League Bats,Training Aids,Ice Therapy,Footwear,Batting Helmets,Softballs,Softball Gloves,CLOSEOUT BAT SPECIALS,

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Ask Dewayne....he's a baseball savant..
                              I did....that fool don't know nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X