No announcement yet.

How old you think this East Texas 8 point is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 year old for OP. 2 year old in a drought year for second deer in thread.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      You are a smart fellow.. Aging east tx deer is hard at best. Its so different than South and west Tx where the environment weathers them so much. It may be tomorrow but i will post a few years history with that little guy.
      I moved spots last yr and didn't get any pre rut pics here off 355,after running cameras since then I'm glad I waited.

Comment

3.5 in 2016

Comment

Lots of aging gurus on this thread.. How old is this one?
          10 year old on the decline. Declining rack, neck, and body.

Comment

To me the OP deer is pretty much a classic 5 year old in east tx. He may be four or six if i was guessing. Point is, its darn near impossible to nail it without history. About the best i can do is young, middle age, and old. Sometimes i miss that really bad too.
            A man of wisdom... by the way he looks 4/5 to me so he's mature. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Throwing in with the 4-1/2 crowd as well. He has some brisket mass, but is still straight in the back, and not as dark in the face as you’d expect in one over 5. I’d like to see a good broadside pic to see if his nose is bridging, how wide his foreleg is, and how deep his flank is.

Comment

so how old?

Comment

4, I would guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X