Engagement question. Ring or no ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
    Get her a ring that you think would/should please her. If it doesn't, take it back and run.
    This is what I was going to say.

Comment

Put a ring on it.

Comment

Ring.

Comment

Better safe than sorry. I think most women want to feel special enough to get one.

Comment

I’m finding a lot of women don’t want engagement rings. That’s what I’m hearing, but I’m kinda old fashioned and was thinking a ring. She’s a very practical woman though. I guess I’ll leave it up to her.

As long as she doesn’t lose the diamond in it throwing sacks of corn at me while filling feeders!

Comment

My wife wanted a thick band. I bought her 1 ring with a single diamond for engagement and wedding. As our lives have changed over the last 30 years, I have been adding to it. I see something I like I just have it added to her ring. I changed the diamond out (made a necklace for 1st grand daughter) and got her a little bigger diamond. Nice ring guards just get moved from the small band and added to hers etc. It is definately a one of a kind. She is the most practical person I have ever met. As a matter of fact I told her I married her because she was cheaper than me!

Comment

My wife’s ring came as two pieces. One smaller band for engagement and another with a diamond for wedding. Once married, you take it to jeweler and they join them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ring. It's a huge decision for us, but the ring is also a big deal for the bride to be.

All of her friends and family will be interested in the engagement ring. She'll likely experience a big let down over and over if she has to tell everyone that she doesn't have one.

Comment

Get her a ring .

A babe like you avatar doesn't come along very day
                    Last edited by Jerry H; 08-27-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I was standing in line at Academy a few weeks ago and noticed an entire end cap dedicated to $20 wedding bands for dudes.

If you can't find the equivalent in HEB no ring!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        I was standing in line at Academy a few weeks ago and noticed an entire end cap dedicated to $20 wedding bands for dudes.
                        My wife’s ring was about $6.5K; Blue Nile diamond, hand made custom platinum setting. Mine is camo silicone from Amazon for about $6.50.

Comment

When I proposed 27 years ago. Her 1st my 2nd. I used bread twisty. Told her I had no money just Love. Told her if she said yes I would work hard and save up for what she wanted. This may will be 27 years together.

Comment

Man I did it a month ago have to get a ring. Idk how close u r to Dallas but I went t the diamond exchange and got a really good deal end up saving 1000 from what it appraised for.

Comment

Get her a trip instead of the ring. Buy a silicone one and have fun

Comment

Get the ring.

Proposing around Christmas, no ring. What could possibly go wrong there?

Comment

Working...
                                X