No announcement yet.

Truck buing advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about Tundras, but all the new F150s now have the “start-stop” technology. Ie the motor shuts down at every red light....

That would drive me crazy...

I hear you can hit a button each time you start the truck to disable it, though.

Comment

Look for one that's a year or two old so you don't take the big depreciation right off the bat. Too many good trucks being driven around as grocery haulers. As far as Ford vs tundra? Drove a ford for 18 years. Good truck,no major problems. Drive a tundra now and absolutely love it. Actually prefer it but then again I havent driven a new ford.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
        Not sure about Tundras, but all the new F150s now have the “start-stop” technology. Ie the motor shuts down at every red light....

I hear you can hit a button each time you start the truck to disable it, though.
        You can also pop out that switch and put a jumper wire on it so that you don't ever have to hit the button anymore. YouTube can show you what to do. You're basically telling that button/switch that is always pushed.

Comment

Find out the aftermarket value of dealer adds. Bedliner and tint can be put on for less than 400 total. Wheel locks are 40-50. Paint protection is just wax. Fabric protection is just scotch guard. It’s all BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
            Look for one that's a year or two old so you don't take the big depreciation right off the bat. Too many good trucks being driven around as grocery haulers. As far as Ford vs tundra? Drove a ford for 18 years. Good truck,no major problems. Drive a tundra now and absolutely love it. Actually prefer it but then again I havent driven a new ford.
            The problem I had with that when I bought my truck in 2016 was that the 1 or two year olds was the same price as the new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post

I test drove the new 2018 f-150 with the auto start stop when at a red light, apparently you can go into the menu screen and shut it off permanently. We found the option when the auto start-stop was not working.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                I have been told the year model ford I currently drive the engine is horrible. 04' with 140k v8 4.6L triton engine

Comment

I recently bought an F150 at Friendly Ford. Price tag was much better than any other dealer in town. They tried the usual tricks but it was better than my other experiences in Houston.

All good advice above. Especially the finance part. I about walked out the door when he told me the best Ford Credit could do was 7% and if I didn't take it, I would lose the rebates...I feel bad for the people that fall for this nonsense.

Comment

Shop on line. It’s less stressful than hearing all their sales bs. That’s what I did last time and the dealer even delivered the truck to my house and signed paperwork. Just did I all the price haggling over the phone

Comment

Originally posted by PiNoyHunter View Post
                      so far I have been pre-approved through my bank for about 50k at 2.0% interest. just been kicking tires at the dealership trying to find a good deal and a truck to suit my needs.
                      F150’s offering 0% for I think 66 mos. maybe even 72. But that’s the North Texas/DFW Dealers. May want to google it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        The problem I had with that when I bought my truck in 2016 was that the 1 or two year olds was the same price as the new ones.
                        This is what I’m running into. For 5-10K more I can buy a brand new one with no miles. That’s the way I’m going.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post
                          Good rate. I’m shopping too. What bank if yo don’t mind me asking.
                          Bayer Heritage federal credit union

Comment

300k on my chevy! Never been in shop. Go Chevy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really appreciate all the advice everyone is giving me on the GS. My next question is on the extended warranties. Should I get the one they offer from the dealer or go with my bank which also extended warranties.

Comment

Here’s my $0.02 on the extended warranties. If you are going to buy one, buy one from the manufacturer so that you don’t have to deal with a 3rd party.

Comment

Working...
                                X