No announcement yet.

Who gave up their truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave up on diesel. Had F250 then F450. Both were great trucks for hauling. When I got rid of the big stuff to haul, I went to the suburban (indoor pickup truck). No more diesel crap(high gas price, DEF, mpg, high oil change, and etc. It's a 16 and just hit 96k miles. "Oh the luxury" of a smooth 2wd.
    Only complaint wish I could get oversize fuel tank like a titan.

Comment

Washing machine went out today - with a load of clothes in it of course about 9:00 pm! Found one on craigslist - I thought I was in the boonies! I swear I heard banjos playin when the guy met us at the road for a 5 min drive in! I'd sure hate to hook up a trailer and try that - had some big rain and the guy that showed us in got me stuck in the muck guiding me back to the porch to load the washer up - one push on the dash button and voila!! By midnight Momma was washing clothes again! Trucks can give you superpowers!

Comment

Unless you live in a concrete Jungle and never leave the city, you will always need a truck!!! however, i did buy a Jeep grand Cherokee to run around town and back and forth to the airport. I will always have a 4x4 truck, always.

Comment

While I could never give up my truck (I actually do use it for hauling a trailer occasionally and am constantly loading crap in the bed) I was in a wreck that landed it in the shop a while back and bought a little used BMW 328 as a commuter car. Was a fun little ride and loved the gas mileage. Sold it to my boss for his daughter to have a car for college after I got my truck back but wish I had kept it. Great gas mileage spoiled me. If I can find another deal like that I would have a car in the driveway in a heartbeat. It was the first car I have ever owned, but the smooth ride and great gas mileage made it perfect for my long commute.

Comment

I bought an Altima, but still have a 4x4 suburban. I've taken the Altima mildly off road and it struggles. Just always have a back up higher clearance vehicle (not necessarily a 4x4) because I did not realize how many little trips off the pavement I made until having this car. But I like the fuel savings.

Comment

Forgot to mention the main reason was the depreciation. 2013 Platinum F450 with 140k miles was loosing $3,500 a year just sitting. I couldn't justify using a truck a few times a year, plus maintenance. I looked at it like a boat.

Originally posted by JANKEII View Post
              I gave up on diesel. Had F250 then F450. Both were great trucks for hauling. When I got rid of the big stuff to haul, I went to the suburban (indoor pickup truck). No more diesel crap(high gas price, DEF, mpg, high oil change, and etc. It's a 16 and just hit 96k miles. "Oh the luxury" of a smooth 2wd.
              Only complaint wish I could get oversize fuel tank like a titan.

Comment

I vote...crazy!

Comment

Working...
                X