Shingles!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shingles!!!

Man they suck.. This is the second round for me.. Once when I was 26 and now at 52..
    Any home remedies or advice on how to deal with these would be greatly appreciated.. Softball size area in my right kidney area.. And a little on the ribs.. Dam they hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    Man they suck.. This is the second round for me.. Once when I was 26 and now at 52..
    Any home remedies or advice on how to deal with these would be greatly appreciated.. Softball size area in my right kidney area.. And a little on the ribs.. Dam they hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man I feel for you! I had them one time and they were under my arm pit. It sucked bad!

Comment

My brother had them in is late 30's, no thanks. Hope you get better.

Comment

I feel for ya. My wife goes through that every so often. Good luck, hope you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Man I feel for you! I had them one time and they were under my arm pit. It sucked bad!
          Yea.. At 26 I just toughed it out but the area was about 1/3 this size PLUS I was a little tougher and meaner back then... LOL

Now I just want cry!!!! Lol

Comment

I had them a few years ago and it was brutal. There is a shot you can get that was free with my insurance but its a preventative or its suppose to make it not quite as bad if you do get it. But once you have it I think you have to ride it out. It hurt so bad I had a lot or trouble sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeaustin View Post
              I had them a few years ago and it was brutal. There is a shot you can get that was free with my insurance but its a preventative or its suppose to make it not quite as bad if you do get it. But once you have it I think you have to ride it out. It hurt so bad I had a lot or trouble sleeping.
              Thanks,
              Yea I worked nights last night and barely made it through the shift.. Very little sleep today.. Going to the Doc now hoping for some relief..

Comment

Tom will be by later to put some homemade lotion on you!

Comment

Had them a few years ago. Didn't know what it was at first. Blisters ran from my rt arm pit, across my rt pec, and to my sturnum. Blistered up pretty bad. Lost some feeling near my arm pit from nerve damage.

Being a metal fabricator most of my life, I get burned from welding all the time. Getting shingles was like someone had poured a bucket of cigarette coals on me, or hot ash. And left them there. Only I couldn't smell my skin burning like I normally do.

Hope ya get some relief!

Comment

Originally posted by porkrind View Post
                    Tom will be by later to put some homemade lotion on you!
                    Stop it. It hurts very badly when I laugh!!!!

Comment

My mom had them in her eye. Very painful. Sorry you got them.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Had them a few years ago. Didn't know what it was at first. Blisters ran from my rt arm pit, across my rt pec, and to my sturnum. Blistered up pretty bad. Lost some feeling near my arm pit from nerve damage.

Being a metal fabricator most of my life, I get burned from welding all the time. Getting shingles was like someone had poured a bucket of cigarette coals on me, or hot ash. And left them there. Only I couldn't smell my skin burning like I normally do.

Hope ya get some relief!
                        Yea. Tell me about it..
                        Just left the Doc.
                        She gave me 800mg Ibuprofin..
                        I said "Is that all I get?" She said "yep"..
                        Plus some other meds..

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                          My mom had them in her eye. Very painful. Sorry you got them.
                          In the eye??? I CANNOT imagine that misery..

Comment

I was vaccinated for chickenpox when i was younger. Doc said i "should" not get them and it will spare me the shingles in the future. That was 18+ years ago. Im almost 30 now.

Dad had them twice and mom had them twice. It ain't no picnic.

Hope you get to feeling better

Comment

When I got them at 20.. I sat in a cold shower and cried for 4 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X