No announcement yet.

Dove hunting Argentina question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will figure the recoil thing out. Not that big a deal.

After having been down several times, last summer I went with Estancia Cortaderas. We shot doves every afternoon....classic Argentinian quantities. In the mornings on different days we shot ducks, perdiz, pigeons { way fun } and even went fishing for golden dorado. All in close proximity to a very fine lodge with excellent food et al.

Breaking the hunting up was fantastic as I can only shoot so many zillion doves. Wonderful country . Wonderful experience . You will have a blast!

Also compared to Africa or many other places far away the trip to S. America is a breeze with no jet lag. Yet another plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
      Parakeets. Those suckers are mean! Theres a few pigeons mixed on there too. The ones pictured are just the ones that we gathered up that didn't go in a pond or that we could find. They don't go pick them up until the hunt is over and when there are 500-600 birds on the ground you'll never get them all. I only dove hunted two of the evenings, Peridiz hunted one evening, and duck hunted every morning. I killed 533 the first night and 619 the second
      Wow parakeets huh? Can you eat them or are they just a target? I couldn't imagine shooting that many birds. Sounds like a dream. I got into a mess of dove one time that were leterally flying over me in the millions in the maze fields north or San Angelo. I know it sounds far fetched but it's true. I could hardly shoot because I didn't know which one to aim at. There were so many of them. I imagine that is what Argentina is like. I would love to go.

Comment

What happens with all those doves?

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
          My buddies and I used the evoshield shirts. Worked like a charm. I shot 12,500 shells in 4 days.
          This + gloves + 2 28 gage o/u's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
            Bacon wrapped and grilled, preferably.

Comment

20g Beretta with kick off. Bet you won't need much padding.

Comment

Same thing that happens to bubba grumps shrimp amigo.

Comment

go with a 410. Hone the skills:-)

Comment

Good news, I got an email back from EvoShield this morning and they said to give them a call and they could get me what I wanted. Gotta love it. Placed my call and have two shirts on the way. Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Im getting pretty excited about this trip. Im going with some really good friends as well as both of my adult sons.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
                      Same thing that happens to bubba grumps shrimp amigo.
                      Good to hear that!!

I don't know anything about Argentina dove hunting but when I hear about dudes shooting 5,000 birds I have to wonder what happens with all that meat...

Comment

Husband used the evoshield shirt and swears by it. Worth the money

Comment

Sack up and shoot. No pad needed.

Comment

When we were there most of the places we shot dove the farmers required that the birds be left in the field to draw in birds of prey and scare away other dove. Which clearly didn't work because there was still millions of them in the fields.

They couple times we asked them to pick some up to take pictures you would have thought we asked to kick them in the nuts judging by their reactions.

Comment

Working...
                            X