Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression

Depression sucks!!!! This Saturday we will have a memorial service for my nephew who passed away at only 22. He pretty much lived at our house every weekend till he was around 18 and started hanging out with some questionable people. As time went on we saw him less and less, but saw from afar him getting in trouble and posting dark things on social media. We watched as he became more and more depressed and it seemed that nothing anyone did really helped. I saw first hand how important it is for a kid to have his biological father in his life, my brother and father in law and myself and wife did a lot for him but he would mention his father which for a big part of his life was in jail or never around. I used to think suicide was a selfish act, but seeing first hand how depression affects people I can't really say that anymore. I have never fought demons like that, and the one thing I have taken out of this situation is whenever someone I love has depression that whenever they cross my mind I will shoot them a text or call to let them know I'm thinking about them and if they need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sorry for your loss. My best friend from high school and into college ended up taking his life despite all of our efforts to get him help. I understand the loss and pain your feeling.

Prayers up for you and your family.

Comment

Depression is a terrible thing. Prayers for your family.

Comment

Suicide is a disease that eats away at you until it kills you, just like cancer. Nobody just up and ends it for nothing, these things happen over time. I'm sorry about your nephew

Comment

I dont think the word depression does the condition justice. It is a horrible thing to watch as it is going on. It seems nothing and no one can make a difference. Luckily the one watched has pulled through it but it is always on my mind that there may be another bought with it. Im so sorry your nephew couldnt find his way through it. RIP young man.

Comment

Had a buddy that left our house one night and shot himself at home while his parents and older brother were in their living room. It was a sad deal and depression is bad stuff.

Comment

Been there done that with two family members and it sucks, no other way to put it. Unfortunately you can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped. Usually when they've made their minds up there is no turning back for them.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.
                Prayers sent....

Comment

suicide is selfish...normally people with lives mentioned above, with few friends, and the friends they have are shady or into drugs and such.

Sorry to hear! Sounds like you did all you could to try and help.

A lot has to do with needing both parents. God made us that way. A lot also has to do with a lack of good friends, a good normal life, and having a direction with family in your life.

Comment

So sorry, prayers sent.

Comment

sorry for your Loss

Comment

Sorry for your loss! Depression and anxiety suck! Having been through and fought both my entire life...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          suicide is selfish...normally people with lives mentioned above, with few friends, and the friends they have are shady or into drugs and such.

A lot has to do with needing both parents. God made us that way. A lot also has to do with a lack of good friends, a good normal life, and having a direction with family in your life.
                          Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Comment

I agree. Every case is different. I found out a girl I was madly in love w in high school killed herself a few years back. I look back at all the factors in her life, her family is blaming it on depression, but I walked away many years ago from her cause I couldn't watch her do drugs and hang out with meaningless people. As much as it tore me up for a number of years, the best thing was to walk away. Drugs use often plays a huge part in suicide cases, weather they're on em or have a history of prior use. Hold onto the good memories and know you did what you could do.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Having lost two people in my life to suicide, I'm with you 100% on this. One of them could have been this kid to the T. Very sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X