Shoe Goo or Kiwi Shoe Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe Goo or Kiwi Shoe Patch

I've always used seal skin on the shelf and as the plate on my recurves and longbows. The supplier of the seal skin recommends Barge glue to secure the seal skin to the bow. I've found Barge glue to provide a less than desirable bond.

So, about 2 or 3 years ago I went to double sided tape. It has worked fine for me until I tried to glue a strip of seal skin on my 3 Rivers Dalaa. It would not bond at all.

Then the other day I saw a thread and someone was asking a question about glue to use for bonding materials to a bow's shelf. And someone replied Shoe Goo and several others replied that is what they use.

So, Monday I called a local shoe repair shop and asked if they stocked Shoe Goo. The clerk replied, no we don't stock Shoe Goo, but we do stock a product that is equivalent to it, Kiwi Shoe Patch. I went by on the way home from work and picked up some of the Kiwi Shoe Patch. Then later Monday night I used it to apply a strip of seal skin to the bump rest on the Dalaa. The results were outstanding! The bond achieved is as tight as a drum. I highly recommend Shoe Goo or Kiwi Shoe Patch.

Bill

I detect some one is proud of their DAlaa

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
      I detect some one is proud of their DAlaa
      BowBuddy,

That is true, but that was not the purpose of this thread. I really am high on Shoe Goo/Kiwi Shoe Patch. It provides an unbelievably tight bond and I do highly recommend it.

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X