left the recurve at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

left the recurve at home

I have made no secret of the fact that I want to grow up to be like my heroes Chunky and Losthawg. I like the way my Longbows feel in my hand but I just lack the confidence in them that I have in my recurves. This weekend I manned up and left them at home. I just brought 2 Longbows a 62" for the ground blind and a 64" for the tree stand. I'm still struggling with the silly looking kerchief tied to my head but maybe if I whack a couple of critters this weekend I will be able to make that move as well. I just gotta find a 70 year old black lady to teach me how to tie it on.

watch out buff, thats profiling.....LOL

Comment

Even though Mine and Chunkys heads are similar, I cant wear that doo-rag!!!

Funny Buff....

Comment

Buff,
        Don't you know that the head gear is the trademark of the great archers.
        Fred bear wore the fedora, Chuck Adams is almost never without his Tookie/ tobbogan thing.
        Pope and Young wore those wide flat brim hats. G. Fred Asbell - Crooked fedora felt hat, and Chunky popularized the Doo-rag as his calling card. Maybe you should bring back the Coon-skin cap or the Kit Carson Beaver lid.

Whatever signature hat you come up with, hope to see it on your head next to something dead soon.

Comment

What am I doing on here making mindless posts when I could be 20 feet up a tree right now?

Comment

will it worked out for me
            one with the Longbow
            [ATTACH]
            Attached Files

Comment

spot N stalk thats a heck of a big cat your holding

Comment

Buff has the hat he needs. He has made that one so famous with all his kills, I am out looking for one right now.

And it keeps on working. Just look at that nice doe he brought down with that long bow.

Where is the story on the doe kill? Sure would like to hear how that little longbow did its job.

Comment

CONGRATS BUFF!

Comment

cool Buff, congrats on the doe.....you the man!

Comment

Good goin', BUFF!

Comment

That Doe has just been Buffed!
                        Congrats Buff !

Comment

Corpsman, I've been hit!

Buff, congrats on the fine doe. I knew you could do it.

Speaking of hats and style...let me tell you a little story. Buff drove down to Houston to attend an LSBA EC meeting and shoot the 3-D at Buffalo Field.

We were standing in Bowjunkie's front hallway and Buff started telling me how he got started in archery and bowhunting. He said that when he was little (relatively) his mom took him to some sort of event. There were bowhunters there. They were mostly larger (read fat), older guys, who dressed funny with goofy looking hats. They did a shooting demonstration, shot through a bucket of sand and broke a balloon on the other side. Buff was very impressed with these fellows and want be a bowhunter like them.

As he is telling me this a take a good look at him, he is of course, impressively sized, he has grey in his beard, he is wearing bib overalls, and a "black widow baseball cap". I cracked a big smile, he made it. He was just like those guys.

I am glad his sense of humor is a big as his black widow collection.

Comment

Now that's funny Chunky!
                            everone has a goal in life, some meet thier goals others don't.
                            Of course with a Widow buff's goal was much easier to obtain, along with all the good wild game to eat!

Comment

Congrats on the doe!

I am a Chunky wannabe and wear the doo-rag!

Comment

Working...
                              X