TC pics and Deer questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC pics and Deer questions?

First: I have a Mulie Fork horn still with horns.... the pic is from 4-17 but I saw him this saturday 5-14 and he still had horns? He gonna drop em? Is he a HE?

Second: Any body missing a DOG? He's still out there somewhere! Guess he wasnt trained to stop at all property lines!

Third: I think this will be a nice deer, but what is up with his two tone color?... I saw him saturday 5-14 and he had the same look... I thought it was frost, but hes like this in all pics. Hes definately a big boddied boy!

I got down for saturday morning hunt and saw a lot of deer and 3 hens. I checked trail cam and had zero pigs, So I set up another protein feeder and left. Hopefully these bucks can grow some bone! They started in the last couple weeks, and now they are about to be ear length. So next month they could really start showing potential!

On another note the Bushnell TC has taken 3483 pics in one months time and the batteries are still FULL! 1 pic 1 minute. Picture quality is awesome! I will be getting another Bushnell TC!!!!
    Attached Files

Lol pic 2 cracks me up. Potential hog dog That dog owner needs to contact the expert TBH dog trainers who can get them to stop anywhere on a dime.

The pics are good and that battery life is awesome. I traded my BTC in for the bulk order camera last round and the pic quality was just a little bit better.

3rd pic: Could be his summer coat coming in.

Comment

Hes a definate HOSS!

That dog seems to be pointing at something?

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        Hes a definate HOSS!

That dog seems to be pointing at something?
        Maybe he is pointing his owner to a big hog

Comment

No hogs, so I doubt it. Hopefully he just got lost, and was wandering through. If he makes himself at home, it will be his last home.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
            No hogs, so I doubt it. Hopefully he just got lost, and was wandering through. If he makes himself at home, it will be his last home.
            Yea probably just passing thru. I have had 3-5 different dogs on my cams in the last 2 years. But 1 pic was all I got of each......and surprisingly enough.....wait for it....deer still came to the same spot

But if he is continuous visitor, you will have a good collar/tracking device for future use

Comment

Thats my dog! LOL

That deer is just getting his summer coat.

Comment

1) Young deer are typically some of the last to shed. They don't have high levels of testosterone yet, and they typically haven't exerted themselves from the prior years rut.

2) Apparently the route to Benjii's house goes thru your land

3) Deer's just changing coats.

Comment

Originally posted by Txnrog View Post
                  1) Young deer are typically some of the last to shed. They don't have high levels of testosterone yet, and they typically haven't exerted themselves from the prior years rut.

2) Apparently the route to Benjii's house goes thru your land

3) Deer's just changing coats.
                  1.) Yup, or could have been hatched after his mama got bred during the 2nd rut.

2.) LOL

3.) yup, winter to summer coats.

Comment

Kinda figured it was a coat issue, just hes the only one still wearing winters coat.

Comment

also had a bob cat the same place the dog was standing but a week or so later.... Would like to see those two meet!

Comment

coach, were these from dickens or hall co? would guess Hall Co. Looks similar to a place on my grandparents land near Northfield.

Comment

Hall County, Lakeview Area.

My Dickens place needs rain so bad, aint seing much besides coons! Plus the TC there bit the dust!

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
                            Maybe he is pointing his owner to a big hog
                            ya hes pointing your deer in the direction to run

Comment

Working...
                            X