No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counting down to the 10th! Ready to get in the tree!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Was in a tree on Sat morning from daylight until 10 am or so. Saw three shooter coons, a bunch of happy squirrels and one old man driving his fence line talking on the phone loudly, making his presence known. [emoji106]

Comment

My son and I got drawn for grapevine this year. Been hearing some good things. Will post results

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
          Was in a tree on Sat morning from daylight until 10 am or so. Saw three shooter coons, a bunch of happy squirrels and one old man driving his fence line talking on the phone loudly, making his presence known. [emoji106]
          I think Larry pays that old man to disourage hunters from his favorite area

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
            I think Larry pays that old man to disourage hunters from his favorite area
            I bet it was Larry...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostSkull View Post
              I bet it was Larry...
              You could be right. He is getting old.

Howdy Larry!

But not as old as me .

Comment

Hey im new here ha. Hunted grapevine for about 15 years duck hunting (or my dad 15, me 10) and got into bow hunting last 3 years. I got drawn for the full season. And also have my youth permit. Went out and didnt see any deer opening weekend. Lots of hogs around. Anyone notice that department of agriculture feeder up by the paint ball park, seen it for the past 2 months when out scouting.
                Is this legal?
                Last edited by dukslayer69; 10-06-2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I want to say hello to everyone on this thread! I'm from Missouri but I currently work near Grapevine. Originally, I was after a young pig but I got lucky and drew a deer tag (#458). I feel honored to hunt this area and looking forward to chatting with any fellow hunter, should we bump into each other. I drive a little green Mazda pickup truck, so if you see me, please say hi. You might even see me camping at Marshall creek and perhaps Trophy park if they allow camping. I want to wish you all good luck this season.

Comment

wish i could of gotten out this morning...
                    stomach bug has hit me hard/throwing up
                    these 50 degree temps have gotta have them moving lots!
                    will be out thursday morning and all next weekend though

Comment

Dukslayer69,

I was out scouting yesterday evening. Saw some big buck tracks and found a natural funnel with some hog sign. When does the rut start around here. I didn't see any rubs or scrapes.
                      I'll be sitting in my stand all day on Monday and Tuesday.
                      I also saw a really nice deer stand. I thought we were suppose to pack our stands out when we leave everyday? Can anyone comment on this?

Comment

Originally posted by RedTail Hunter View Post
                        Dukslayer69,

I was out scouting yesterday evening. Saw some big buck tracks and found a natural funnel with some hog sign. When does the rut start around here. I didn't see any rubs or scrapes.
                        I'll be sitting in my stand all day on Monday and Tuesday.
                        I also saw a really nice deer stand. I thought we were suppose to pack our stands out when we leave everyday? Can anyone comment on this?
                        I think the rut is around Thanksgiving from what I can tell. Not supposed to leave stands there at all. Report them if you see them. The Rangers will come take them down.

Comment

The rut hits hard around Nov. 15th in this area. Give or take a week. Just wait and the "deer dead on road" sightings will start.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                            I think the rut is around Thanksgiving from what I can tell. Not supposed to leave stands there at all. Report them if you see them. The Rangers will come take them down.

would the rangers have put that department of ag feeder up?
                            Its got fresh corn always and its a nice looking feeder

Comment

Originally posted by dukslayer69 View Post
                              would the rangers have put that department of ag feeder up?
                              Its got fresh corn always and its a nice looking feeder
                              Maybe, but I doubt it. Someone probably put that on the feeder to keep people from calling it in. Could be a local putting it out there. I'd still call it in. They'll tell you off it's theirs or not.

Comment

I just don't know how anyone could walk this thing back 2 miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X