East tx deer and December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East tx deer and December

Since Thanksgiving, i have not seen a deer while hunting. Have a few on camera at night but nothing during the day. I usually see atleast a couple. Been over there checking cameras and putting corn in feeder and haven’t saw any driving around or at night either. Looks like they are taking the month of December off, lol.

This is Van Zandt Cty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same Smith Co,

Comment

But in the yard in Wood Co. Live in gated area, no hunting.
      Attached Files

Comment

My FIL and BIL both hunt in east Texas and they have been having a hard time as well.

Comment

Gotta get back in the thick stuff. They are hitting corn hard now but they aren't coming out in the open for it.

Comment

The deer have wised up to the ATV army invasion. I hunt during the week only in Houston County. When the ATV's are zooming around at 8:30AM until 4:30PM the deer know whats going on and don't come out of the thick woods. Change your tactics and either hunt during the week or move into the thick woods in the travel routes, you will see deer.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
              The deer have wised up to the ATV army invasion. I hunt during the week only in Houston County. When the ATV's are zooming around at 8:30AM until 4:30PM the deer know whats going on and don't come out of the thick woods. Change your tactics and either hunt during the week or move into the thick woods in the travel routes, you will see deer.
              Yep.
              Thickets and hand corn

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

yup they took the month off in Madison County as well it seems.

Comment

I have corn piling up under my feeder but my hand-corn spot down in a creek bottom is a different ballgame. Lots of activity going on there...

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post

Holly Lake Ranch?

Comment

Read Gar Guy's thread, Pressured deer are easy to pattern. Lots of good info on there.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                        Falcon,

There was an absolute monster on that Par 3 by the Lake several weeks ago. Some studs roaming Holly Lake

Comment

My feeders are just on the edge of the woods. I need to go try some hand corn and a camera.

Comment

Hand corn is where it is at! I can't keep the deer away from hand corn right now. At least until the hogs find it. I turn my feeders way up and try to keep the hogs at the feeders. Then hand corn away from them.

Comment

Did anyone mention hand corn ? They are on it heavy right now. On these cold mornings sit until 11 atleast as they seem to like to move a little later on those days.

Comment

Working...
                              X