Traveling with Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling with Pistol

I'm flying into Utah and driving an RV back to Texas. What are my best options for self defense, really don't want to make 1500 mile trip without a gun. Can I fly with one of my own or should I purchase in one of the states I go through? Airline is delta. States I'm driving back through first are Utah, Wyoming, Colorado.

you can put it in checked luggage...check with the airline you will be using..they will give you all the info you need to do it right

Comment

Are you talking about a long gun or pistol? Wouldn't plan on being able to buy a pistol once there. If you feel better with a long gun, just check one with Delta. Shoot, just go old school and get your dukes up!

Comment

I have to meet someone to purchase the rv and definitely don't want to have them pick me up from the airport with a long gun. ��

Comment

Bring your own buying one might not be an option unfortunately I have found not every state will sell non residents firearms.

Comment

Can't buy pistols outside of home state. You can purchase long guns outside of home state. You can check your firearm with the airline and take it with you. Just have to contact them and see what their requirements are for transporting.

Comment

Sounds good on bringing my own. I'll call Delta today.

Comment

It appears that all of the states that you would be traveling through are reciprocal states. Just check your weapon for your flight.

Comment

another option..FFL transfer from here to there...

Comment

Bring the pistol with you. Easy to deal with at the Airport. Bright side is, whatever bag you check it in gets extra special attention to make sure it gets on the flight with you.

Comment

Check it. Verify with AA, but it will have to be in a locked case (best practice is slide locked back with empty mag next to it), ammo in factory box or a box designed to carry ammo. Some say ammo with gun, some say not. Declare it at check in and just keep the pistol box in ur other bag. Be flexible. Overall pretty easy.

Comment

I believe you can check unloaded pistol in a case in one bag. Buy your ammo there.

Comment

You can check your unloaded pistol in a locked case inside your suitcase but make sure any ammo is in a box, not in the magazine. Declare it at check in and leave time for a LEO to clear the weapon. You have to fill out a form but it's no big deal.

Comment

Just take your own. I flew to Chicago with a shotgun and it was easy peazy...I was expecting more hassle but the TSA wasn't hard to deal with.

Call your airline and make sure you have the right kind of case and locks.

Comment

Thanks for all the help ��

Comment

Working...
                              X