Tile shower guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tile shower guys...

I have a walk-in tile shower that's starting to leak around the curb. It's wetting the sheetrock and carpet in the immediate doorway. It stays wet at the edge of the curb. Iv let it dry twice for a week and sealed it plus redone the caulk. I ran a bore scope in the wall and fixtures appear to not be leaking.

However, it seems like water is just penetrating thru the Wall. It has greenboard covered in redguard. What's my next steps?

Can you take a picture for us and post it?

Comment

Peel some tile and sheetrock off the bottom foot or two so you can actually investigate the issue.
      Silicone is not going to fit it

Comment

Pan failure.

Something is wicking water through itself (hardi or whatever used) probably installed inside dry pack instead of above. Most common cause of fail. Or no waterproofing

Caulk, silicone, sealer is all very temporary band aids on a bullet hole. More than likely You need it rebuilt

Comment

You can see mold starting above the trim on the right
          Attached Files

Comment

I agree it has to be a wicking issue because the way the floor is tapered towards the drain waiter never gets over to where the walkthrough is at. The shower is 4.5x6.5 foot. The fixtures are all on the one end opposite the door

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
              I agree it has to be a wicking issue because the way the floor is tapered towards the drain waiter never gets over to where the walkthrough is at. The shower is 4.5x6.5 foot. The fixtures are all on the one end opposite the door
              It could be leaking anywhere. Once the pan is saturated then it just finds the first place it can escape. Or soak up, which is what you have

Probably no chance you actually seen it built is there?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                It could be leaking anywhere. Once the pan is saturated then it just finds the first place it can escape. Or soak up, which is what you have

Probably no chance you actually seen it built is there?
                Nah, it was built in 2007 and we've been here 3 years.

Comment

So I need to rip it out down to the studs and the house slab and start over more than likely?

Comment

Yep

Comment

Take that baseboard off and cut that sheet rock out about 18 inches up and 1 foot wide then turn on the water.

Comment

Redo. Anything else is throwing money away

Comment

Thanks guys. I may wait until next weekend to demo.

Comment

When you demo take pics of each layer. I bet I can find the fail

Comment

10-4, do the liners crack over time? Like I say we've been here 3 years and this just started a few months ago. Iv been hoping it would go away on its own lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X