Window Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Screens

Any idea on where to get some of the fine mesh material to be used to cover the windows of a blind. I have not seen anything at Academy, any suggestions.

I have seen it at Gander mountain in rolls.

Comment

Karl at Ultramatics has em already in frames. Im sure he can get it by the roll, too.
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Door and window places should sell rolls of either metal of nylon bug screen

Comment

Like camo screen that you could shoot a broad head through. I found some at Wal-Mart.

Comment

I buy screens from Aluminum Screens of Houston. I am in the solar screen business and go over there alot and was thinking about asking for some scrap pieces of screen to see what I can make out of them. I'll ask if the sell to the general public next time I'm over there. Might be a good source.

Comment

I found a mesquito net cot cover at academy that I think will work well.
              It's light weight, and will cut easily with broadhead. You will have to cut our shape size you need and frame it.

Comment

Originally posted by opiehunt View Post
                Like camo screen that you could shoot a broad head through. I found some at Wal-Mart.
                X2

Comment

In the fabric and sewing dept. at Walmart or a fabric store you can find a material called "tulle", pronounced "tool" that is used for wedding veils, etc. It is inexpensive, comes in a variety of colors and can be painted.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrate447 View Post
                    In the fabric and sewing dept. at Walmart or a fabric store you can find a material called "tulle", pronounced "tool" that is used for wedding veils, etc. It is inexpensive, comes in a variety of colors and can be painted.
                    Have you tried shooting through it? I need to find a source for the real "shoot through"camo net,for a hunting blind.Thanks for any input.

Comment

McCoy's there in Tyler should sell screen material by the rolls. I also agree that tulle would work pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by gargetter View Post
                        Have you tried shooting through it? I need to find a source for the real "shoot through"camo net,for a hunting blind.Thanks for any input.
                        Yes. I practiced with it in my back yard and the tulle had less effect on my arrows than the original material that came with my doghous blind. Good objective question, thanks for asking.

Comment

Thanks gargetter, i checked it out at Walmart and looks like it will work perfect. Just a little paint. It should be easier to see through as well.

Comment

Here's what I bought. Came with plenty to cover up windows with a bunch to spare.

Comment

Thats what I have been looking for.
                              Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                              X